Forums

Help › Forums

Swing meter

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:14 AM (3 replies)
  • gmck
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:44 PM

I just have to say that it is very disturbing to me to be playing a good round and then the swing meter begins fluctuating and the round is ruined.  What can be done?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:42 PM

Well I'd start by having a good clean up on your PC, removing all unwanted junk then do a  defrag and disc scan. Make sure nothing else is running while you are playing and close all other windows. Clear your caches before you play and download a game booster and a device to keep your PC running sweet like 360 Amigo or something similar.

If you still have a jerky meter then try the game with a different browser as some work better than others with different computers.

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:25 AM

All very Good Advice   But S--T happens and it still comes back and bites you there is not a100% Solution   to Perfect gameing.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:14 AM

I too had a decent round going last night, with everything working smoothly. Then, I was just about to tee off on the 9th hole when I noticed a hesitation as I started my backswing.

I looked down at my laptop and noticed the disk light was on solid. So, I waited.

This has happened to me before. I've used the Task Manager to find out it's Microsoft's anti-malware stuff going off about something. So, when it happens, I just wait a few minutes and the system settles down and I can continue.

Now, this could be a problem when playing with others as you can't wait too long, but it's still not WGT's problem. It's mine.

I have even learned to wait before I start my swing after I've done my set up. I've noticed that right after switching views, for me at least, the hard drive will be accessed a few times, which could potentially cause a hesitation of the swing meter. So, I finish my set up, wait a few seconds, sometimes even check the disk light one more time, and then I start my swing.

There are way too many variables from PC to PC, plus the internet and so on, for WGT to be even remotely responsible for the occasional jerky meter. I accept that and I deal with it.

RSS