Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:15 PM (48 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:19 PM

We have found that country clubs are a great way to play with people of similar interests and play style.  Most of the time when you play with people you know in your club they will not quit on you. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:01 PM

WGTadmin2:
    We have found that country clubs are a great way to play with people of similar interests and play style.

Thank you for that. This idea is a whole lot better then the alternative web site.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:12 PM

WGTadmin2:

We have found that country clubs are a great way to play with people of similar interests and play style.  Most of the time when you play with people you know in your club they will not quit on you. 

Great news. No need for the level system then. :)

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:25 PM

n1 kas it's just silly what's goin on here now. Richard I would value your opinion if you could actually play this game at a high level , until then.........

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:32 PM

Hey bra...........................

You mad?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:24 PM

scoresby:
    Unfortunate your issues with forum moderation at WGTLS, but there are those seeking a better on-line, multi-play golf experience than can be found here.

If it were only a case of forum moderation it would be different.

We're talking unscrupulous control of the entire database here with no oversight or protection from retribution.

Should the individual in question have an issue with you he can, and will, edit information to negatively affect your standings in the ladder-type games.

But, as long as you stay on his good side and do everything that both his WGT player, and his alternate WGTLS moderator account, wants you to do, it will be fine.

That is completely your choice.

Richard4168:
    WGTadmin2:
    We have found that country clubs are a great way to play with people of similar interests and play style.

Thank you for that. This idea is a whole lot better then the alternative web site.

Agreed.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:46 PM

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:52 AM

Hope you're only kidding, Ed, by calling slander "guidance". Remember that the person above has called the Ladders site owner Mark Holliday "a spineless git" numerous times, most recently in his Status field, no less.

That is the thanks for the dozens of hours of unpaid volunteer work spent by Mark Holliday to create the largest WGT players' community site, and for running his home server as a free service for WGT golfers who wish to avoid quitters. And they do, thanks to WGTLS; it's a lot more fun than the rather limited (and "closed-to-outsiders") environment of a WGT.com country club; also, WGTLS offers a lot more features (tournament formats, etc.) than country clubs do.

Abuse report was emailed to WGT.com yesterday, and we are eagerly awaiting for WGTsky to put a halt to this abuse of WGT.com communication facilities for persistent, daily slander of fellow WGT.com customers. Why would WGT.com publish any TOS at all, if someone is allowed to abuse them blatantly every single day to launch personal attacks against other WGT.com users and customers?

The user "Snaike" was banned from WGTLS for grossly abusing the discussion forums there, and his ban from WGT.com should be imminent as well, based on his recent conduct here: in the forums, Wall posts, blog posts, and now even in his Status field. Blatant violation of WGT.com's TOS in all those media.

(Of course his friends AdamTurner, Vgolfmaster and Richard will try and defend him here, personally attacking selfless WGTLS volunteers in the process, but that really should not affect WGTsky in any way in taking an unbiased decision as to how to stop this person's persistent, blatant personal abuse.)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:47 AM

Faterson, I don't need to defend anyone about their position of the WGTLS. Snaike has his opinion of WGTLS, and I have mine.

Someone needs to define personal attacks in a forum that's designed for adults 18+ years of age. That's the current TOS. People either need to grow-up, or toughen-up.

It's ridiculous to think grown men and women need to walk on egg-shells in a forum so they don't offend anyone in a normal opinionated conversation.

The "Report Abuse" button is for serious confrontations of abuse at WGT, not because someone disagrees with what a person said about someone else, or something in general.

The boy cried wolf only once.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:00 AM

owright3:

Just to change the subject slightly, I just started playing rounds with other players....I usually just play the course by myself. The last two rounds I've played I was mocked (yea, I wasn't having a good round) and the second round an Italian gentleman was ridiculed as a "foreigner". I know golf to be a noble sport. Golf courses aren't set up behind trailer parks. I fear, however, that we have our share of "trailer trash" playing golf, without a clue what it means to treat others with respect. Join me in challenging it when you encounter it on this site- This is a safe haven that shouldn't be polluted by oafs and thugs. If you are better than someone, offer encouragement, not ridicule. Remember, you weren't very good when you began, either. OK I have said my peace. Really enjoy this site, nonetheless!!!

So help me understand...trailer trash refers to what?  People who either choose to live in mobile homes, etc. or people who live there because that is what they can afford? And what make them trash?  Oops..almost missed the oafs and thugs. Evidently if you live in a McMansion and wear a tie to work you are okay?

Sorry...I've met fine people in a lot of circumstances not involving wealth or status.

RSS