Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:15 PM (48 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 6:59 AM

You're absolutely correct, x1524807. The thing is, we've been telling these things to WGT for over a year now; there are still countless threads on quitters in WGT forums every day (and these many quitters threads still aren't merged into a single thread to deal with quitters, although we urgently need such a central quitters thread here)...

... but WGT still appears not to listen to all these suggestions on quitters. I agree with you that, as a quick stop-gap measure, simply displaying the number of forfeited rounds next to everyone's average score, might deter quitters at least a little bit, and more in the long run, perhaps.

(Of course, WGT must ensure only to count real forfeits as forfeits, unlike a year ago, where they said that if you were left alone by the quitters and did not finish that round alone, you "forfeited" as well!    That's just plain nonsense, but despite numerous warnings from players, WGT went ahead and introduced the nonsense anyway – only for 24 hours, thank heavens.)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:47 PM

Faterson:
    (Of course, WGT must ensure only to count real forfeits as forfeits, unlike a year ago, where they said that if you were left alone by the quitters and did not finish that round alone, you "forfeited" as well!    That's just plain nonsense, but despite numerous warnings from players, WGT went ahead and introduced the nonsense anyway – only for 24 hours, thank heavens.)

seems as though you have said once before, twice before and three times before

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:20 PM

x1524807:

• beaves
    14 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:53 PM

they are low sports man.yes it is a game (computer).  character is implied in all of your individual motives. it's hard to break them of thier selfish inadaquacies.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:29 AM

x1524807:

The same applies to you, dear lady.    And, what good does it do to say something once, if your suggestions always get lost in the incredible clutter here in the forums?

(Like I said, to reduce the awful redundancy regarding the quitters topic, we need 1 central forum thread to deal with them; then it won't be necessary to say anything twice, but I'd simply be able to refer to an earlier post of mine in the same thread. As it is, your own suggestions on how to deal with quitters may be dispersed in 25 various threads in every imaginable forum subsection, which results in chaos instead of a reasonable discussion of this critical issue.

WGT forums will never become a useful tool for WGT developers, until the forum management starts merging threads on identical issues into single-topic, centralized threads on a daily basis.

Also, moving threads to the correct subsection on a daily basis; our current quitters thread right here has no business to be placed in the Community Introductions subsection; I believe its rightful location would be the WGT Beta subsection. Every WGT moderator so far has neglected the thread merge and/or move duties, although that's really an everyday task to be performed in any forum. Here's hoping the new guy WGTSky and anyone helping him will improve things in this regard!)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:45 AM

Faterson:
    As it is, your own suggestions on how to deal with quitters may be dispersed in 25 various threads in every imaginable forum subsection

make that 26!

• abcliquor
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:08 PM

What pisses me off when plying blitz is that some hack sees my average of 71 and throws in the towel.  Almost as bad as seeing a hack who has played for two days kicking my ass.  How many names do these sshols play under

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 2:46 AM

scoresby:

Unfortunate your issues with forum moderation at WGTLS, but there are those seeking a better on-line, multi-play golf experience than can be found here.  I suggested a site where they might find respect and completed games and  you would deter them from those advantages because you are having difficulties with a moderator?  You would have them remain here with their frustrations?

You suggested they get a group of friends who they enjoy playing with; at WGTLS one can build a large list of friends quite quickly, by-passing most incompatibles.

WGT offers a fine platform for game play.  The added benefit of a community, (WGTLS),  of like-minded souls, for the most part, at least, makes for a fun afternoon.  Or wee-hours in the AM.  It's friendship and the playing of the game that we're discussing here - or were

I've had no negative forum issues there.  In fact, yours is the first I've heard of in my year and a half there.

I shall continue to recommend WGTLS to the frustrated masses as you did for me, for which I  thank you.

Cheers,

there is no better golf game online other then this one

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:20 AM

This IS the main reasons why I do not play Stroke Play!  At least with Match Play or Skins they have invested credits which they are less likey to quit and in most cases finish the round win or lose. 

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:03 AM

Richard4168:

WGTadmin2:
    We have found that country clubs are a great way to play with people of similar interests and play style.

Thank you for that. This idea is a whole lot better then the alternative web site.

in my experience ccsare not the straight arrows you say they are i've experienced cheaters there too.                                                                                                                                                               

RSS