Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:15 PM (48 replies)
  • bobalu58
    17 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:06 PM

i have never seen such a damn bunch of quitters in my life as on this golf websites.  in non-tourney stroke play so called masters who are 1 or 2 over quit on the last shot of a round to save their score avg.  99% of the time i finish my rounds.  these a**holes should be penalized for quitting.  As for all the petty bitching about # of courses changes in what is tourney speed on one course versus another that is what golf is about.  i don't *** cuz i'm here to have fun as are 95% of the people i have had the pleasure to play with.  you people need to get a life.  it's a game for cryin' out loud, deal with it or stop coming here.  wgt u guys are ok keep up the good work.  the vast majority of people are havin' a great time!  Tonite 3 guys w/better stroke avgs. than i quit.  screw u quitters.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:37 AM

Oh boy, look... another anti-quitter rant full of name calling, threats and bravado....

The line forms to the right, pal... take a number.  Your number is 1,273,873... they are now serving number 6.

Advice that's free.... quitters quit, you can't stop them and neither can WGT.   Get over it, you'll live longer.

• bobalu58
    17 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 12:09 PM

Ya know snaike (love the name by the way) ur right its just indicative of the society as a whole.  I'm 79 years old by the way. so i've already outlived most of the quitters on this site.  I will get over it. I am over it.  So i will continue to play complete rds. and be happy with the folks who have not quit on the golf course or in ife.  Have a nice day.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 12:40 PM
    Dial 1-800- The care people...they can help
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:10 PM

bobalu58:
    I will get over it. I am over it.  So i will continue to play complete rds. and be happy with the folks who have not quit on the golf course or in ife.  Have a nice day.

Now THAT's the winning attitude.

You will find people who don't quit.  When you do, add them to your friends list and play with them when you can.

A nice day to you, too, sir.

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:22 PM

Just to change the subject slightly, I just started playing rounds with other players....I usually just play the course by myself. The last two rounds I've played I was mocked (yea, I wasn't having a good round) and the second round an Italian gentleman was ridiculed as a "foreigner". I know golf to be a noble sport. Golf courses aren't set up behind trailer parks. I fear, however, that we have our share of "trailer trash" playing golf, without a clue what it means to treat others with respect. Join me in challenging it when you encounter it on this site- This is a safe haven that shouldn't be polluted by oafs and thugs. If you are better than someone, offer encouragement, not ridicule. Remember, you weren't very good when you began, either. OK I have said my peace. Really enjoy this site, nonetheless!!!

• bobalu58
    17 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:40 PM

Owright3,

I also play the game in real life and find exactly what you're saying in your post to be true.  Unfortunately the trailer park analogy is correct and this is sadly reflected in our society as a whole.  Hey why finish when i can pull out.  Its always somebody elses fault etc.  I have played w/masters that i would not talk to on the streets.  And i agree with your statement bout encouraging folks who could use a little help out there.  People often forget that their ancestors were once foreigners.  A thoughtful and well written post sir.  I thank you and hope to meet you onsite in the future.  Bob58

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:00 PM

bobalu58:

i have never seen such a damn bunch of quitters in my life as on this golf websites. As for all the petty bitching about # of courses changes in what is tourney speed on one course versus another that is what golf is about.  i don't *** cuz i'm here to have fun as are 95% of the people i have had the pleasure to play with.

owright3:

The last two rounds I've played I was mocked (yea, I wasn't having a good round) and the second round an Italian gentleman was ridiculed as a "foreigner". I know golf to be a noble sport. Golf courses aren't set up behind trailer parks. I fear, however, that we have our share of "trailer trash" playing golf, without a clue what it means to treat others with respect. Join me in challenging it when you encounter it on this site- This is a safe haven that shouldn't be polluted by oafs and thugs.

I bellieve it was Snaike who first recommended World Golf Tour Ladder System to me when I complained about quitters here on WGT over a year ago.  SInce then I've played over 800 rounds and I've been intentionally quit on fewer than 5 times.

Though the site I recommend has, of late, been infiltrated by the "oafs and thugs" of whom you speak, mostly as a result of recent cheating and the latest upgrade debacle, WGTLS has for the most part been a site where I can go to enjoy a round of virtual golf without fear of being embarrassed by my choice of fellow competitor - either by what he says or does.

Sadly, with the latest update and the recent cheating scandal, the resulting furor in the forums here and at WGTLS have become haunts for thoughtess "trailer trash" rants.  Also, there are more reports of quitters.  Though it takes a lot for me to make negative public remarks about a fellow competitor, it is encouraged at WGTLS.   When you have a disrespectful golfing experience, either verbal or having been deserted, you will be expected to name names, thereby improving the odds that the next person will not have a similar experience.

Nonetheless,...the likelihood of hooking up for a pleasant round is still quite high.   You can expect some of what the "youts" call "chit" - that which we who are more experienced would call "friendly banter."   I wish I could promise you will always be treated respectfully on WGTLS, but I will promise the management will be there to assist with difficulties.

To your future WGT enjoyment.  Looking forward to enjoyable rounds.

Cheers,

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:25 PM

scoresby:
    I wish I could promise you will always be treated respectfully on WGTLS, but I will promise the management will be there to assist with difficulties.

Yes, I used to recommend folks visit that site when they wanted to get a game with folks who are disinclined to leave early.

The problem now is that they have a known liar as a moderator (proven fact) who can and will manipulate the true facts and conditions to suit his latest whim and fancy.

Therefore, to all of the players that I have guided to that site, I wish to apologize and hope for your sake that someone with a stronger intestinal fortitude will take over and remove the cancer from their midst.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:07 PM

Unfortunate your issues with forum moderation at WGTLS, but there are those seeking a better on-line, multi-play golf experience than can be found here.  I suggested a site where they might find respect and completed games and  you would deter them from those advantages because you are having difficulties with a moderator?  You would have them remain here with their frustrations?

You suggested they get a group of friends who they enjoy playing with; at WGTLS one can build a large list of friends quite quickly, by-passing most incompatibles.

WGT offers a fine platform for game play.  The added benefit of a community, (WGTLS),  of like-minded souls, for the most part, at least, makes for a fun afternoon.  Or wee-hours in the AM.  It's friendship and the playing of the game that we're discussing here - or were

I've had no negative forum issues there.  In fact, yours is the first I've heard of in my year and a half there.

I shall continue to recommend WGTLS to the frustrated masses as you did for me, for which I  thank you.

Cheers,

RSS