Forums

Help › Forums

You know that post I wrote...

Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:30 PM (76 replies)
  • sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:35 AM

...called "So dad told me"?

I wanted to post another message about how hard it is to get a gun in South Africa, but guess what?

The thread thingy has been deleted.

Just. Wow.

I understand there are different opinions and in my last message I actually said that I thought it was great seeing all the different points of view.

But I think that there's a difference between different points of view and censorship (probably to protect your sponsors from getting upset)

Icon, Shoe? Would you like to explain why this was deleted? It never broke the rules of posting. Did it perhaps contain:

RACIAL/ETHNIC, RELIGION OR RELIGIOUS TOPICS, SEXUALTY/VIOLENCE, POLITICS OR POLITICAL TOPICS, REAL-LIFE INFORMATION/THREATS, ILLEGAL DRUGS OR ACTIVITIES, POSTING CHEATS, HACKS, OR ANY OTHER MALWARE, SPAMMING AND/OR TROLLING, IMPERSONATING A WGT EMPLOYEE, ADVERTISING, DISCUSSING DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS/REQUESTS, INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, CIRCUMVENTING MODERATION, NATIONAL

Well?

Oh and you didn't spell SEXUALITY correctly.

Dorks.

I'm officially K.R.O.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

My FULL transaction history:

02/06/14    Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    01.17.14     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr
    11.28.13     Purchase 3000 credits     Deposit     3,000 Cr
    11.23.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    11/10/13    Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10.26.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10/12/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    08/08/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    04.23.13     Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    04.14.13     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr

20,500 credits. Isn't that like 205 dollars? In South Africa, that is almost 2,100 Rands which is what dad spends on food for both of us for a MONTH.

May I repeat that I AM NOT HAPPY with this blatant censorship of a post that broke no rules?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:45 AM

I didn't notice that it disappeared nor any reason.

My guess: Political, and high conflict potential. Imagine why I didn't speak my mind in the first place (and only a little, later).

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:16 AM

It started out ok but then some of the players started going after each other , Not all of the Trolls are Reformed . It could have been removed by one of the Admin,s and Icon or Shoe know nothing about what happend . 

Its not that big of a deal to let it get to you .

iaaR ( R ) ft

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:36 AM

That is stupifying. I thought it was an interesting thread that gained traction. I always wonder about the nature of selection regarding the "omnipotent sage" who possesses a singular discernment. Of course, clever use of the double-entendre can make even talking about the weather interesting, even if it isn't your weather.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:14 AM

opyeuclid:

It started out ok but then some of the players started going after each other , Not all of the Trolls are Reformed . It could have been removed by one of the Admin,s and Icon or Shoe know nothing about what happend . 

Its not that big of a deal to let it get to you .

iaaR ( R ) ft

Hi Opy

It is a big deal. It speaks of censorship without regard for rule of law.

I seriously doubt that Icon or Shoe were unaware of this. Just how big do you think their forum moderation staff is? Seriously? Do you really think that some little drone at WGT made a decision to delete a thread without referring it to someone more senior?

And Hello, It  Is. A. Big. Deal.

I was silenced.

Because someone at WGT decided they didn't like what I was saying, or the way the discussion was going.

And their legal department can't spell.

Which makes it even more sad.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:24 AM

Oh.

I need ONE good reason to stay here and play with the amazing people I've met.

Seriously, just one.

Anyone?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:24 AM

While I tend to agree with you Miffy,this is a prvately run and controlled forum, not a democracy, their game their rules.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:32 AM

Im Sorry

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:34 AM

PaulTon:

While I tend to agree with you Miffy,this is a prvately run and controlled forum, not a democracy, their game their rules.

Define privately. Please. Then go read some law.

I am so p*ss*d off right now.

{deeeeeeep breath]

Whilst it may well be a privately run and controlled forum, NOBODY has the right to censor speech  in what is essentially a PUBLIC forum. Especially when they have spelled (or mis-spelled) the forum posting guidelines.

They accept money from the public, therefore they have an obligation to uphold the rule of law.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:38 AM

sweetmiffy:

Oh.

I need ONE good reason to stay here and play with the amazing people I've met.

Seriously, just one.

Anyone?

Because we ALL love you Miffy

RSS