Help › Forums

You know that post I wrote...

Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:30 PM (76 replies)
  • jayheels
    148 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:44 AM

sweetmiffy:

Oh.

I need ONE good reason to stay here and play with the amazing people I've met.

Seriously, just one.

Anyone?

If you stay you could be my friend and I could really use one...jay

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:54 AM

bigdaddie1:

Because we ALL love you Miffy

As long as I obey the nonsensical rules? Sorry.

Whilst I applaud your frivolity I cannot and shall not applaud the underlying sentiment.

PLEASE ban my a$$ WGT. Please. Because at least then you will be showing some consistency.

Oh. By the way. Did anyone notice how I spelled "consistency" correctly?

Again. Just. Sigh.

Or, as we say here in South Africa, "Fok julle naaiers."

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:58 AM

perhaps it's the way you started a thread...and if anyone had a differing opinion...you got very snippy and rude....or, perhaps it's just because gun control is such a major political hot topic in the U.S....where WGT is located...and you just stoked the pot...

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:04 AM

sweetmiffy:

PaulTon:

While I tend to agree with you Miffy,this is a prvately run and controlled forum, not a democracy, their game their rules.

Define privately. Please. Then go read some law.

I am so p*ss*d off right now.

We get that you are mad , We are on your side . No reason to take it out on us .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:11 AM

sweetmiffy:
    It never broke the rules of posting. Did it perhaps contain:

sweetmiffy:
    /VIOLENCE, POLITICS OR POLITICAL TOPICS

Gun violence in America is a highly political topic so the thread failed on those 2 counts. I was surprised it went as long as it did.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:18 AM

YankeeJim:

sweetmiffy:
    It never broke the rules of posting. Did it perhaps contain:

sweetmiffy:
    /VIOLENCE, POLITICS OR POLITICAL TOPICS

Gun violence in America is a highly political topic so the thread failed on those 2 counts. I was surprised it went as long as it did.

Before I answer S Miffs PM Jim,

WTF.....WGT ! mate....

MOST countries represented here do NOT allow the right to bare arms or think that should ever be on the agenda...

Because it maybe a political 'hot potato' in US should not then make the discussion POLITICAL !!  On World Golf Tour ??

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:18 AM

Ducati916:

perhaps it's the way you started a thread...and if anyone had a differing opinion...you got very snippy and rude....or, perhaps it's just because gun control is such a major political hot topic in the U.S....where WGT is located...and you just stoked the pot...

Hi Ducati916?

How did I start the thread?

ONE person was rude and asked what I thought Madiba thought of my decision and he was rebuffed. Quite convincingly.

I was rude? In what way? Did I not acknowledge That I appreciated different opinions that were fact-based?

WGT promote themselves as being World Golf Tour. I don't care where they are based. They have to...oh I'm just tired now.

Play. And. A. Miss.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:27 AM

You know what?

Just look at my profile page. Read every single post I have made.

I'm seriously just wanting to quit.

And that makes me very very sad.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:28 AM

Ducati916:

...add to that colossal naiveté.. Nice person I suppose but...

BTW, I've moderated more than one message board and whether anyone wants to believe it or not, you can't write whatever you want and claim freedom of speech unless the website you're posting on is entirely your own.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:29 AM

opyeuclid:
    We get that you are mad , We are on your side . No reason to take it out on us .

Very patronizing ( even have to spell the word with a Z as you in the good Ole US o A deem that, that is the correct spelling ..WTF ? )

On Miffs side here....

Someone in some office can lock down a thread and even delete it, without the COMMUNITY seeing the full discourse before it was deemed to be offensive ?

Locking a thread can be forgiven but to delete it because of someones extreme sensibility's smacks of high handed tactics at best and censorship at its worst ?

IF you were really that bothered WGT, you'd have Mods on 24 / 7 not getting on to something that has been being discussed for 5 hours ? ! ? !

Andy

RSS