Forums

Help › Forums

You know that post I wrote...

Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:30 PM (76 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:44 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    you can't write whatever you want and claim freedom of speech unless the website you're posting on is entirely your own.

Talk about stating the obvious !!

Anything else to add that we didn't already know ?

?????

I think the roundabout point was the deleting of a thread seems down to one persons sensibilities / political viewpoint / Stalinist tendencies or whether they got out of the right side of the bed that morning !!

Consistency will suffice.

Andy

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 11:46 AM

I was wrong. About everything.

I'm very sorry.

I Like bunnies.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:13 PM

sweetmiffy:

Oh.

I need ONE good reason to stay here and play with the amazing people I've met.

Seriously, just one.

Anyone?

Miffy,

If I am not mistaken, you have responded quite well to yourself. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:13 PM

alcaucin:

CerinoDevoti:
    you can't write whatever you want and claim freedom of speech unless the website you're posting on is entirely your own.

Talk about stating the obvious !!

Anything else to add that we didn't already know ?

?????

I think the roundabout point was the deleting of a thread seems down to one persons sensibilities / political viewpoint / Stalinist tendencies or whether they got out of the right side of the bed that morning !!

Consistency will suffice.

Andy

Hey Andy,

I had read the thread in it's entirety until it was deleted and refrained from adding my own view to it.. The interaction between members had reached the boil over point of vitriol being directed at each other based on political points of opposing view. I'm sure that wasn't the intent of the OP but that's where it ended up. Frankly I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. My point being I don't believe it was one persons sensibilities that had the thread taken down. I think it was the stated policy of WGT.

@Miffy,

Don't quit playing this game you like over something outside of your control. If it's fun you have here it's still available to be had should you seek it. You've gathered friends here that are ready to offer you support. Lean on them.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:28 PM

Miff...last suggestion.... from me at least....The fact that WGT deleted your post may make you upset....but, as others have said...it's a gaming site and made to enjoy the game. The post was political...and the guidelines are there....none of us players/members can control what they censor, and when...so, I wouldn't let the deleted post ruin your enjoyment of the game....I'd put it down as a memory and play on. Guns...like religion will enflame many...there may not be a right answer or a wrong answer...but, once you bring opinion into a discussion on heated items such as those...no one wins...everyone loses...friendships are broken, posts are deleted, ships sink...armies go to war....chrisironbones gets VEM'd, andyson gets sued by "The Real Enquirer", Yancy gets abducted---yet again, Opy falls off the wagon and goes back to trolling, etc, etc.

Now then...tee up a Nike and smack the poo out of it.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:49 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Hey Andy,

I had read the thread in it's entirety until it was deleted and refrained from adding my own view to it.. The interaction between members had reached the boil over point of vitriol being directed at each other based on political points of opposing view. I'm sure that wasn't the intent of the OP but that's where it ended up. Frankly I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. My point being I don't believe it was one persons sensibilities that had the thread taken down. I think it was the stated policy of WGT.

Fair enough CD and I think my response to that thread was "each to their own"...

But my point on this thread was because of 'SOMEONE' I never got to read what you did..

Hence my call for maybe in future lock a thread 1st of all, BEFORE a Joseph feels they have 'Carte Blanche' ?

Just because you have the power..etc 

They don't have to use it to prove it ?

:-(

Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:51 PM

alcaucin:
    Because it maybe a political 'hot potato' in US should not then make the discussion POLITICAL !!  On World Golf Tour ??

But it does and it did. Last time I looked this was an American endeavor that the world is invited to be a part of. Their rules, though, and politics just ain't allowed. The way that thread deteriorated is a pretty good example of why. ;-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:53 PM

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:
    Because it maybe a political 'hot potato' in US should not then make the discussion POLITICAL !!  On World Golf Tour ??

But it does and it did. Last time I looked this was an American endeavor that the world is invited to be a part of.

Okay, I'll STFU then..eh ?

( If only we'd known when we set sail.." recall the Mayflower!!" )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:56 PM

alcaucin:

Okay, I'll STFU then..

( If only we'd known when we set sail eh )

LMAO. Don't go getting all drastic on us there, Andrew. Keep on yakking, just watch what yas yaks abouts.  :-D

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 12:57 PM

Miff ,this is one of the moment  not much can be said or done ,   I would just turn the page , you have made many friends here, we do not deserve to loose you  , I just hope you see  that we all  have respect for you ........    Ducati  said it all :)              Frapp 

RSS