Forums

Help › Forums

Moving on up...and out.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:37 PM (40 replies)
  • CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:42 PM

Well, the day has finally come where I became a legendary status player.  After a couple 60 avg rounds to bring my total avg down under 62, I have been "upgraded" to legend.  I played a couple rounds to see what the difference was and well, I'M DONE!  I would have to have a career round to shoot 1 or 2 under par for 9 holes.  Thats nowhere near competative with master level players, most pro players, and even some amature sandbaggers.  It's unfortunate, but WGT has lost another player who played in 6 RG's a day...60 credits a day WGT is losing.  I also buy a pack of balls at 99 credits every other day and an occasional challenge also brings in 10 credits for WGT.  Now having little chance to compete with other players and struggling to shoot par, the game has become painful and UNFUN! 

I am just one player of MANY that will no longer be contributing to WGT's income. I know it's not much but 129 credits (RG's plus half a ball per day)  times 320 days, (not playing everyday of the year even) adds up to 41,280 credits.  That is $412.80 a year mutiplied by every player who is doing as I am that WGT is OUT. I will be checking every now and then, maybe once a week to see if WGT has updated the equipment allowing LEGENDS to keep up with the distance changes.  If WGT does make changes, then I would gladly come back because I really enjoy playing this game.  Good luck to all players sticking around and still finding pleasure in the game. 

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:18 PM

Bye

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:41 PM

<in order to get bit by the new mod here, i'll refrain and just say this>

hahahahaha, chicken!

p.s you said 6 rg's...did you skip BP even from girly tees?

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:46 PM

is the game too hard for the little boy?? ooohhh

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:02 PM

lol i feel the opposite - i just turned legend and im quite happy teeing off on black but the greens are killing me :) but ill get used to them soon i hope lol . but the games still fun for me...

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:13 PM

I'm afraid Captain Shank has come crashing down to earth after a couple of weeks in the sun. The ready go tournaments all of a sudden became a very healthy proposition, now he's had the rug pulled from under his feet.

I completely understand his frustration but have little sympathy I'm afraid.

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:33 PM

hey guys i dont see the big deal... just shot a 64 at st andy tourney from the back tee box.. yes it was a bit harder but still had wedge approaches also set a personal record for my drive which i wouldnt have done if i was on the tourney master tees.. so i would have to say to the legend players... suck it up buttercup

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:42 PM

its a whole deal tougher but you will see when u get here :)

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 5:52 PM

He probably has a new account already anyway. That seems to be a common theme these days.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:01 PM

Aye Aye Cap'n...

tiffer67:
    I completely understand his frustration but have little sympathy I'm afraid.

Could not of said it better...

sayo:
    hey guys i dont see the big deal... just shot a 64 at st andy tourney from the back tee box.. yes it was a bit harder but still had wedge approaches also set a personal record for my drive which i wouldnt have done if i was on the tourney master tees.. so i would have to say to the legend players... suck it up buttercup

Sorry big guy, but you're a Tour Master, you're not hitting from the championship tees.  St Andrews is about 600 yards longer for Legends - Total yardage for us is about 7,200 yds.  Nice round though...

RSS