Help › Forums

Moving on up...and out.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:37 PM (40 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:07 PM

CaptainShank:
    Well, the day has finally come where I became a legendary status player.  After a couple 60 avg rounds to bring my total avg down under 62, I have been "upgraded" to legend.  I played a couple rounds to see what the difference was and well, I'M DONE!  I would have to have a career round to shoot 1 or 2 under par for 9 holes.  Thats nowhere near competative with master level players, most pro players, and even some amature sandbaggers.  It's unfortunate, but WGT has lost another player who played in 6 RG's a day...60 credits a day WGT is losing.  I also buy a pack of balls at 99 credits every other day and an occasional challenge also brings in 10 credits for WGT.  Now having little chance to compete with other players and struggling to shoot par, the game has become painful and UNFUN!

#1 You were warned!

#2 WGT has taken our complaints somewhat seriously and is perhaps considering helping us legends out a little bit.

#3 You will have to relearn a lot of shots (e.g. on quite a few shots that you used to have to add 3-5 yards to, etc., you should no longer do that, as the roll of your longer irons is pretty much inevitable unless you're hitting into very strong wind or hitting a 98% or higher shot into slight wind, an uphill green, or something like that), and you should actually be able to hit -4 or -5 here and there, and maybe even a quite rare -6 or -7 for 9 holes if you keep at it, but yes, we are at a significant disadvantage... I would say that, even after you learn the new shots, the penalty for being a legend is about 2.5-3 strokes for 9 holes.

(PS: LOL @ the bolded part; the sheer horror in your sentence is quite amusing!)

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:27 PM

I was moved into the legend category when the latest change happened.  It is fun to try to improve from the longer tees.  It is also a learning process since places you could clear off the tee before you have to avoid now.  The green speed is a little difficult, maybe it needs to be toned back a little bit but we play with what we get.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:57 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    #3 You will have to relearn a lot of shots (e.g. on quite a few shots that you used to have to add 3-5 yards to, etc., you should no longer do that, as the roll of your longer irons is pretty much inevitable unless you're hitting into very strong wind or hitting a 98% or higher shot into slight wind, an uphill green, or something like that), and you should actually be able to hit -4 or -5 here and there, and maybe even a quite rare -6 or -7 for 9 holes if you keep at it, but yes, we are at a significant disadvantage... I would say that, even after you learn the new shots, the penalty for being a legend is about 2.5-3 strokes for 9 holes.

Proof of that:

My very best round as a legend... yay!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 1:55 AM

The birdies at 4,5, & 8 especially in the same round is a very good feat!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 2:02 AM

danohi50:
    The birdies at 4,5, & 8 especially in the same round is a very good feat!

Yup... I failed to birdie #15, which is the easiest hole in all of KIA B9, and #10, which was tied for the easiest in the master tier... didn't make the fairway or GIR on #10... but I managed to birdie all the hard ones... lol... crazy stuff.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 2:51 AM

Nice 9 holes Charlemagne. I wouldn't be too despondent over failing to birdie 10 or 15, these holes are not as fruitful with birdies as they once were. 10 being a lot longer and 15 being a far greater test off the tee.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:15 AM

Hah... had another monster round on the B9: 29.

Too bad MacGillicuddy beat me with a 28 of his own!

Legends are fighting back.  :D

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:04 PM

Shot another 28 on the B9.

Sadly, my putts on 16 and 18 lipped out.  Could've been a 26!  But that would have been absolute perfection + luck (eagle on 11.)

I'll downgrade my estimation of the legend tees penalty to 2 strokes.  :P

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:01 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    I'll downgrade my estimation of the legend tees penalty to 2 strokes.

That's just about right, except for St.Andrews with high wind, it's more like 3 or 4 there.

The problem is that 2-3 strokes difference in RGs means you are not competitive most of times.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:01 AM

Mem11:
    Sorry big guy, but you're a Tour Master, you're not hitting from the championship tees.

Yes he is. The Tour Master 18 unlimited this week is from the back tees.

RSS