Moving on up...and out.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:37 PM (40 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:14 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    My very best round as a legend... yay!

Nice job taking this thread off topic and making it about you!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:27 AM

My posts were very much on-topic, as they are intended to help quantify exactly how many strokes moving from master to legend costs players, which is the reason why the OP has quit playing the game.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:56 AM

You surprised Andy?

"help quantify how many strokes moving from master to legend costs players"?

Really?  Wouldn't the # of strokes depend more on the individuals skill and time practiced rather than what you shot over 3 games?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:33 AM

neildiamond11790:

You surprised Andy?

"help quantify how many strokes moving from master to legend costs players"?

Really?  Wouldn't the # of strokes depend more on the individuals skill and time practiced rather than what you shot over 3 games?

If the complaint is that I was using this thread to brag, which would be off-topic, that has already been refuted.  The scores of legends and how much of a penalty it is to move from master to legend are very on-topic in this thread.  In terms of attempting to quantify that penalty, I have seen no other thread where such discussion has been more on-topic than this one.

If the complaint is that my scores posted in this thread are not representative of the scores of legends (because, perhaps, I am better with my long irons than most[?] or some such reason) or even my own scores, then feel free to explain why you believe the penalty of being a legend is more than 2-2.5 strokes.  I could very well be wrong, and it could be more like 3-3.5 strokes.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:34 AM

Not surprised Neil.  Back to the OP topic, I see the Captain has made good on his post and hasn't played but a single round since on the Captain Shank account.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:21 AM

Andy....What I have found to very positive regarding our new status as Legends is that when we play a TM or M and are successful, it is that much more satisfying...and when we are less than successful, we have an excuse...hehe!

Harve

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:43 AM

hbthree:
    What I have found to very positive regarding our new status as Legends is that when we play a TM or M and are successful, it is that much more satisfying...

heh, I like to think of it as giving great joy to the TMs and Ms.  A TM beat me 3 & 2 the other day and remarked, "I can't remember ever beating you this bad before."   A real pleasure for me to give him that moment.  It's all about sharing isn't it Harve?  Yeah.

I only wish we could share with them, as you mentioned, the satisfaction a Legend feels squeaking out a win over a Master.

But first, I'll have to experience it myself.

• teresap989
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:45 PM

I also think so.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:30 AM

andyson:

Not surprised Neil.  Back to the OP topic, I see the Captain has made good on his post and hasn't played but a single round since on the Captain Shank account.

I'm sure all he did was open another account, He made it seem like he was spending money but the fact is if you're winning a lot of ready go tourneys then WGT is not making anything off of you.  It goes to show how much of a coward he is and his ready go wins were total BS.  At least try playing the game for a little while at legend status before you totally quit and probably started another account only a day after you make legend...He's a total joke.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:35 AM

CaptainShank:
    I am just one player of MANY that will no longer be contributing to WGT's income. I know it's not much but 129 credits (RG's plus half a ball per day)  times 320 days, (not playing everyday of the year even) adds up to 41,280 credits.  That is $412.80 a year mutiplied by every player who is doing as I am that WGT is OUT.

You are not contributing to WGT if you're winning ready go's because you're not actually taking money from your wallet once you become successful in the RG's.  The game is not fair for legends but we don't quit we keep on plugging away until we can conquer.  My average has suffered, if had more double boogies since the update than the rest of the year but together, I've only managed to win 5 RG's since the update but I haven't QUIT.  I'm sure you just started another account anyways, once we see another tour master or master on the leaderboard we will know it's you. 

RSS