Forums

Help › Forums

Extra credit videos not paying

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 30 2014 11:07 AM (75 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 11:01 AM

Maybe just maybe if you changed browsers it might work. I watched one with Srware Iron which is a chrome based browser and it didn't pay off. I switched to Waterfox which is firefox based and watched 4 and they paid off. What disturbs me more are the 2 view videos now being mostly 5 and 6 page  12 to 15 second per page ads for only 2 views. that is any where from a minute to a minute and half for just 2 views.

(Edit)

When I am wrong I admit it. I watched 4 more 5 view videos with Pale moon and Waterfox both of which are firefox based. Only 1 paid off. And many of the 1 view ads on the carousel you had to watch a minute or so video before the 1 view ad showed. I agree with you WGT needs to get in touch with Live Gamer and make them get it fixed.

• fanforce
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 11:48 AM

Always a good suggestion, btb. I've tried 5 different browsers.

Today, using my preferred browser for WGT - Maxthon 3 - I was paid 6 views from the LiveGamer toilet paper video. No other videos (such as the hard lemonade video), other than the carousel views, paid as promised. Yet again...

I've never had an issue with the Health Guru videos. They pay off for me 95+ percent of the time. 

I use CCleaner daily. I completely clear Flash cache daily. I run Malwarebytes weekly. I use Windows Defender. And so on and so forth.

This has to be an ongoing WGT/outside sponsor programming issue, yes?

My best guess is that WGT is trying to get this whole thing straightened out. Such problems happen within every company. How high a priority resolving the issue is, only WGT knows. I've read they have a great deal on their plate working on new courses.

Obviously, it is their prerogative whether to communicate with their customers as a group, or not. I give them a grade of 'F' in this area during my time using their product. Having much experience in e-commerce customer service, as well as serving as liaison with tech departments, gives me some credibility critiquing internal & external communication and response time when mid-level and above bugs pop up.

I've already posted my thoughts & feelings on the subject of communication. Time wasted, perhaps. But it served to relieve most of my frustration, so I regard the effort as a net positive on a personal level. 

I use the Starter ball much of the time. Credits derived from videos go to new equipment. My next upgrade will be the Nike irons at L85 and I have the credits saved already. I would like to ditch the Starter ball ASAP and that is why this video issue is inconvenient for me and seemingly for many other WGT players.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 2:14 PM

Bottom line- WGT could care less if we get screwed or not

• chicagohorn
    90 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 6:48 AM

Tried once this morning ..still not paying. Someone mentioned earlier under complete offers if you scroll down to the one says JG API you earn 8 credits for viewing. I have gotten 40 credits a day on that one all week.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 10:58 AM

Day 5 - No credits for "Watch this video for 5 view(s)" videos.

And being the weekend don't expect any action until Monday at the earliest.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 11:08 AM

I think they said the next update will be 6/12/2014,so.wait till then befor its fixed.along with not being able to finish a game.lol

• Dommmy
    28 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 12:05 AM

Day 6.....

No credits for "Watch this video for 5 view(s)" videos.

Monday here and still the same.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 10:46 AM

I got views (3) for a "Watch this video for extra View(s)" this morning.

But yes, the "Watch this video get 5 View(s) is still AFU and not awarding the 5 views for playing one of those videos.

Here in the USA it's a major holiday - Memorial Day.

I doubt anyone at WGT or Live Gamer is working today.

• mmatheus63
    421 Posts
    Tue, May 27 2014 4:30 PM

It's day 12 or Whatever the *Bleep* it is ...AND BUPKISS!!

I have been able to obtain a WHOPPING 6 additional credits the last 2 days... for watching the PCH "Win a Crap load of Money for entering our sweepstakes"  video twice

This is UTTER crap!  I've sent LiveGamer 6 messages.  I read that the next update is 6/12.. let's cross our finger, toes and whatever other appendages we can cross that it's fixed then.

And I have liquidated my accumulated view credits, just in case the redemption value is lowered, which someone also pointed out.  WE never KNOW!

If I wasn't addicted to this game..I would stop playing to prove a point....but I'm sure I will suffer the DT's     Twitching... yelling "Fore Left" constantly or "Bite..Bite BITE!!" every 10 seconds...  texting "vns"  or NPS to my wife...  THAT would go over REAL well!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, May 27 2014 6:59 PM

Yep. Just tried one - Still hosed.

RSS