Forums

Help › Forums

I think that it is crazy, that the consistancy of a shot, could be so far from others, with the same calculations!

Sat, Apr 5 2014 8:55 PM (21 replies)
  • RWathen
    30 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 2:11 PM

Hey, I may have been here for just about two months or so, but hitting the same old hits, on the same old courses, with totally different results, even though you have the same equipment, is pure BS! I gotta son, that could spec out better performance, with better consistency, than what we are going through now. Just sayin..... Please do not just respond, if you have nasty stuff to say, cause everyone has heard it all from those who do. I want to hear from folks that have noticed this?  Thank you all, and no disrespect to those that don't, or haven't experienced this, but if you are not going to say anything nice, then please don't say anything!  Thank you, and I love this game, and want to make it better! RW

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 3:19 PM

Do you play real golf?

If so, have you ever hit two shots exactly the same?

Do you think it's possible, even for a professional, to hit the same shot the exact same way more than once, or even 3-4 times in their careers? I'm talking about the club face being at the exact same angle at impact, the ball being at the exact same point in your stance at the exact same point at the apex of the downswing, or the ball being the exact same distance from you and hitting the club face at the exact same spot.

There are a lot factors that have to come together exactly the same at the exact same time to get the exact same result on any two shots.

And we haven't even factored in the wind and it's random nature of blowing here but not there or dying down or picking up right when you hit it, and so on and so on.

If all you had to do in this game was aim at the same spot and ding the shot, we'd all be shooting in the 50's. In real life, if professionals were really that good at duplicating shot after shot, don't you think they'd be shooting in the 50's all the time?

It's just not that simple.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:52 PM

RWathen:

Hey, I may have been here for just about two months or so, but hitting the same old hits, on the same old courses, with totally different results, even though you have the same equipment, is pure BS! I gotta son, that could spec out better performance, with better consistency, than what we are going through now. Just sayin..... Please do not just respond, if you have nasty stuff to say, cause everyone has heard it all from those who do. I want to hear from folks that have noticed this?  Thank you all, and no disrespect to those that don't, or haven't experienced this, but if you are not going to say anything nice, then please don't say anything!  Thank you, and I love this game, and want to make it better! RW

I enjoy the game play not being exactly the same all the time. Of course we've all had situations were we think a shot should play like it did some previous time. The game plays rather similar to actual golf in the way it just doesn't work out the way you think it should every time. In many cases it forces us to think intuitively instead of repetitively. I actually try not to just hit repeats but instead try new shots so I get the good "first time" result instead of the "not as good as the last 10 times" results. It frees my mind of trying to play to something that happened before.

GL and keep hitting them.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 9:32 PM

RWathen:
    with totally different results, even though you have the same equipment, is pure BS!

You use low grade equipment but expect them to perform as high grade top shell equipment better results invest in higher level equipment.

Real golf - you buy a rusty set of 1960 rusty very bad conditions for $20 you can`t expect them to perform the same as a $1500 set of Mizuno blades.

_Sunny_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsbLgRf0gyE

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:01 PM

RWathen:
    I gotta son, that could spec out better performance, with better consistency

That your other account?

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:20 AM

BubbaSauce:

Do you play real golf?

Yes, and it was clearly demonstated to me, the pro hit 6 consecutive shots, 174 yards, with forged irons, pro v1 balls, and a scorecard could be placed over the 6 results.

Ever seen an old club of Moe Norman? completely prestine with the exception of a tiny circle less then the size of a dime on the center of the club face that was completely mashed.

Those guys are good, once you remove the pressure from them, they can make the ball dance on a pin.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:06 AM

RWathen:

There are upper tier players here that have to:

• hit drives from the back tee's

• putt on the fastest greens.

• and are allowed the least amount of mishit latitude (VEM)

that have scoring averages below 60.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's not as bad as you think it is.

It takes time, some effort, and experience to learn how to play WGT well.

Read threads in the Games Tips forum.

Earn free credits so you can upgrade your golf clubs and ball.

• RWathen
    30 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:04 PM

OK! I'm gonna go with, (It takes a while to play WGT well). I was all about playing and getting better, and I have! Don't think I deserve to be in Pro Tier yet, but here I am! I notice that the game is a heck of a lot harder, in Pro, than Amatuer, which took me by surprise, cause I thought I was losing it, until someone explained that each tier gets more challenging. I will try to get used to the let me call it (Fluke Shots), because they do happen on this game, and not anything like that in real golf. But knowing that very much helps! I thank you all for your input! We'll see you around, cause I am not going anywhere! I am in the 'Elite 420 Club', and would like to play anyone that wants to! My user name is RWathen    Thank you, and all the very best in life, to you and all of yours!                           Roy

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 9:07 PM

Steve2golf:

BubbaSauce:

Do you play real golf?

Yes, and it was clearly demonstated to me, the pro hit 6 consecutive shots, 174 yards, with forged irons, pro v1 balls, and a scorecard could be placed over the 6 results.

Ever seen an old club of Moe Norman? completely prestine with the exception of a tiny circle less then the size of a dime on the center of the club face that was completely mashed.

Those guys are good, once you remove the pressure from them, they can make the ball dance on a pin.

Yeah Steve i don't think many of these players here have ever watched the pros play.

Anyone who has not needs to go to a PGA Tour event and watched them practice on the range.

It is amazing to say the least. Two shots exactly the same? LOL Yeah try about 20 shots exactly the same. All within 2 yards of each other.

Yup all while eating a candy bar and shooting the shite with everyone on the range. hehe

Also most of the pros will hit their 5 iron past most of these players drivers here. LOL

When they do decide to hit driver you need a set of binoculars to see it land.

OO also for the ones who do not believe,,, the pros will be happy to make a bet with you. They will take your money in a second. Your money is no different than anyone else. They make side bets all the time during play. Very fun to watch.

Will without any doubt give you a different appreciation for the game. A game which you do not play. LOL Yup you think you are playing golf. But really you are just making a mockery of the game. LOL

• bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 9:17 PM

The "accuracy" level of your equipment will determine how consistent the ball is hit.  For example if your driver has very low accuracy and if you hit the ding every time, it may not go where you aim some of the times.  But if your driver has high accuracy then it should go pretty close to where you aimed almost  each time.

RSS