Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:00 PM

Doublemochaman:

Hmmm... what if it's San Francisco vs. Texas in the series?  Bad for TV ratings.  Will the entire East coast tune out?

OM and G!!!  With the Buffalo Bills that makes the winter stupid long. :-(

BTW, check out who Jeter's marrying the weekend after the WS is over....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-fast-track12,0,7609353.story

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:07 PM

And then their were two! Well the NLCS is set folks. Not really a surprise at all. Starting on Saturday the San Francisco Giants will be heading to Philadelphia and taking on the 2 time defending NL champion Philadelphia Phillies for a 7 game series showdown.

First lets take a minute and talk about last night. Their for a minute I thought we would have a game 5 back in San Francisco. Derek Lowe took a no-hitter into the 6th inning. He was dominate on three days rest. Then came the top of the sixth. With one out in the inning, Cody Ross comes up and hits a game tying homerun to put the score 1-1. Then Atlanta's Brian McCann gives the Braves a 1 run lead in the bottom half ot the inning. Then the Giants are able to score 2 runs in the top of the seventh to take the lead and stay there for good. The Giants Bumgarner, a rookie, pitched a pretty good game himself. I really didn't think he was going to do as well as he did being as this was his first playoff game and potentially a clinching game at that. Apperantly the pressure wasn't there for him. He was composed and although he gave up a early run in the third he settled down nicely and didn't give up another run till the sixth.

If San Francisco pitches like this in the NLCS against Philadelphia then we are in for quite a battle. Alot of the season stats between these two teams are nearly identical. And they split the season series 3-3. So we are in for a low scoring, pitcher dominating performance. As have been the case for most of the playoffs in both leagues.

Just one more game needs to played. Texas and Tampa. The winner moves on to the ALCS to face the Yankees. I'm rooting for Texas just because they haven't been there in like forever. But my gut tells me its going to be Tampa. Although Texas has Cliff Lee going for them. Well either way its going to be a good game. I just hope the umpires don't play a role in this final game.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:14 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Will the entire East coast tune out?

If thats the case...then your damn right I'm tuning out. Nobody here on the east coast cares about the midwest or the west coast. At least in baseball. Now I will admit, if that is going to be the World Series, I will turn it on form time to time, but I can assure you I won't be watching every pitch. I mean Texas......and San Francisco.....come on....why? Why would the gods subject me to watching such terrible baseball. LOL.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:29 PM

Ahh Yoda... you remind me of the funny map I ran across in a Geography class while attending university.  It showed the United States but the whole east coast (and particularly NY state) as being several times the size of the remainder of the country.  Have you seen it?

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:38 PM

Actually no I have not seen that. But I like the sound of that map. Although I think I would like to decrease the size of NY and increase the size of south eastern pennsylvania (Philadelphia) to the entire east coast and make Philly the capital of the World!!!LOL.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:45 PM

LOL-While you're at it draw a line from Binghamton to Albany and call everything south of that South New York and everything else North New York. Please, Albany's killing us.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:52 PM

You know "YankeeJim". If they did actually did that we could consider ourselves the "founding fathers of the New World"! LOL

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 3:36 PM

Yoda79:

Ok. Yeah I'm down. I'll take that bet. I don't know where to get that logo from but if need be I'll figure it out and do it. I have all the faith in the world in my boys. How about you?

Well ofcourse I have faith, I suggested the bet!

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:56 AM

50 years ago David (The Pirates) beat Goliath (The Yankees)...on this very day.

Yankees batted .338 to the Pirates .256...they out hit the Pirates 91-60...outhomered them 10-4...and out scored them 55-27

But Mazeroski's homerun ended one of the greatest World Series games ever played.

Game 7 the Pirates go up 4-0...Yankees go ahead 7-4 in the top of the 8th...That same inning the Pirates score 5 times...NY promptly tied the game in the 9th 9-9...and then on a 1-0 pitch Mazeroski hit the only homerun ever to decide the series in the 9th inning of game seven...

Go Texas!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:46 AM

A most glorious memory, Boff.  As a 9 year old I saw it on a  huge black and white TV console with a tiny screen and 100 tubes. Maz still hasn't touched the ground between 3rd and home! The hated Yankees got it good that day and while I was a Giants fan (and Yankee hater) and my mother was the lone Pirate fan in a house full of Dodger fans the joy was common-the Yankees got beat!!

RSS