Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:47 PM

What in the hell is going on? Edgar Renteria? Really? I remember him when he played for Florida and helped them win the series back in the late 90's. Civilization is coming to a end as we know it isn't it? San Francisco winning the title? Say it ain't so! Still waiting to wake up and it's game 6 of the NLCS. Because I'm sure my Phillies would love another crack at them with the knowledge of what actually happened. I guarntee Howard swings at the last pitch second time around. Bet ya he is haunted by that pitch for the rest of his life. AND YOU SHOULD BE RYAN.....YOU HEAR ME!!!! THE BALL ISN'T GOING TO REACH THE OUTFIELD LET ALONE THE INFIELD IF YOU JUST STAND THERE LOOKING AT THE DAMN BALL GO BY YOU. Sorry folks. Just had a flashback of that last pitch and I had to let Ryan have it. You all know how tough we are on our own players when they make mistakes. We do it though with all the love in the world. :)

• arystheking
    18 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:17 PM

hey bet the rangers win the world series

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:33 PM

Wow, certainly idn't see th Giant busting out thier bats like this for one game, let alone two in a row.

How about that that shot off the top of the wall that came back in?  Never seen that before.

Yoda, relax, quit beating up on your Phillies, root for the Rangers...and put off your dissapointment for a few more days!

PS...nice logo~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 6:04 AM

MBaggese:
    How about that that shot off the top of the wall that came back in?  Never seen that before.

If that doesn't say God is rooting for the Giants nothing will. What are the friggin odds? LOL-did you catch Insler mouthing the WTF after getting to second base?

Texas has a tall order because now they have to win one in SF and that ain't happening. All the Giants have to do is win one in Texas and the celebration will be in SF. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 7:03 AM

Yeah. That shot that Insler hit that bounced off the top of the wall and back into play!! I did see him mouth that. And I was listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning and they had Buster Olney on. And he said the way that ball hit the top of the wall it should of went out. It almost seemed as though it defyed the law of physics. Its almost as if somebody smacked it back into play. Thats how impossible it seemed to be. Think about it for a moment. That ball traveling at that speed in the air and coming down perfectly on the top of the wall. How does that bounce back in? Really!! How? I would bet that you never see that happen again. Talk about fricken destiny. Well I know one thing. Its over. Giants are winning this series. Congratulations to the Giants.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 8:31 AM

Yoda79:
    That ball traveling at that speed in the air and coming down perfectly on the top of the wall.

It's a soft wall and it caught the corner exactly right. The backspin on the ball caused it to lose the forward momentum and it popped back. How bizarre is that? Then again, having a golf ball hit the pin, rattle the cup and wind up yards away from it is pretty bizarre too. :-)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 8:45 AM

YJ... do remember that WGT is based in San Francisco.  So perhaps some of their "bounce-back from pin" technology was used in that wall???

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 1:44 PM

Why does there have to be a day off. This is torture. I just want to have this series over and done with so that I can try and put this season behind me and look forward to next season. I also really hope that Texas can somehow make this a series again. I doubt they will but would be nice to see.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 1:54 PM

Yoda-check it out. MLB.com's Gameday Audio lets you listen to archived games. I join every year ~20 bucks~ and every game played is available from the first day of spring training (114 days to p/c's report) to the last game of the WS in live time. All the games are archived 1 hour later and include post game interviews. Bigtime worth it.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 10:30 PM

Oh my god!! That sounds like a little slice of heaven! Thank you very much. I will be looking into it.

RSS