Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:56 PM

Here are the 2010 MLB playoff matchups and the date's and time's for Game 1.

Wednesday October 6th @1:37EST-

Texas Rangers (90-72) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (96-66)

Wedesday October 6th @5:07EST-

Cincinnati Reds (91-71) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (97-65)

Wednesday October 6th @8:37EST-

New York Yankees (95-67) vs. Minnesota Twins (94-68)

Thursday October 7th @9:37EST-

Atlanta Braves (91-71) vs. San Francisco Giants (92-70)

So there they finally are! It took the entire regular season to sort everything out but, we got there. So the question remains. Who wins? And who goes home? Of the 8 teams here only 2 have a losing record on the road. The Texas Rangers and the Atlanta Braves. The Philadelphia Phillies have the best record in all of baseball. And the New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies have the experience on their side both having won it all these past 2 years. Will the Yankees repeat? Will the Phillies become the first team since the 40's (St.Louis Cardinals) to go back to the Series 3 years in a row and will they win it? Or will Tampa go back to the Series twice in 3 years and win their first title? Or will we have a totally new team win the whole thing this year? The anticipation is mounting and every baseball fan (espescially if your team is in it) is on the edge of their seats.

Let's get those picks in before the deadline (which is October 6th @1:37) and good luck to those of you that have done so already!!

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:25 AM

rays and reds......rays win. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:59 AM

Thanks for the pick. And good luck to ya.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:42 AM

I gotta do a good look at the AL....kinda leaning towards the Twins...but dang, it's tough to not pick the Yankees.

...heck with it....

Giants vs Minnesota....

Giants in 6

Done, no changes, sticking with it!

Now to get creative on a bet with Yoda when the Giants and Phillies play!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:01 PM

Thanks for the prediction. And good luck to ya. And I'm waiting to hear a counter offer on the wager. Of course that is if they play. The Giants I think will handle the Braves in like 4 games, possibly even sweep them. The Phillies........well I think they have a tough matchup because of Cincinnati's offese but I will say the Phillies in 4. Hopefully it's just 3. Let me know what you wannt to do.

Only a couple more days before this challenge closes. So if your reading this and want to make a prediction make sure you get it in on time or it won't be included. See above to find out exactly when that is. Good luck!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:58 PM

Yoda79:
    And I'm waiting to hear a counter offer on the wager.

I didn't get your offer?  Only that you were heading out of town....send again!

• Warof1812
    44 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:56 PM

In the World Series, Philles beat the Twins in seven games.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:01 PM

Thank you for the prediction! You are 1 of 3 people out of 13 to pick the Twins going to the series. Could happen. We will just have to wait and see. Good luck to ya!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:29 PM

Free balls? I'm in!

Giants vs. Rays.

Giants win it all.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:12 PM

ThreeSpot:
    Free balls? I'm in!

Yes "ThreeSpot" IF your prediction is correct and IF I pick your name. Make sure you read the rules and how this whole thing works, (not to say that you haven't) which can be found on the first page of this thread. But yes they would be for free. And really if your prediction comes true then you would definately be getting some free balls as your the only one that picked that 3 team combination. And only 1 other has the Giants winning the Series. So thanks for the picks and good luck to ya!!!

RSS