RE: Being Cheated

Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:00 AM (35 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:06 AM

PrivateAccount:
    It's not a bug.

It is a bug.

this guy didn't try to cheat you, he just quit - maybe just to be an ass, maybe just to protect his rating, maybe gremlins ate his ethernet cable - whow knows?  AND NO ONE CARES!

This problem has already been reported as a BUG

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:08 AM

howdy, i had this happen to me 3 days ago, was playing against another player and he left game at hole 9 he chiped his 2nd shot from one side of green to the other , his 3rd shot was 9' from cup which would have given him a par if he had taken it but he left, i birdied my shot and it said other player won with a birdie, not sure it was a cheat program as much as it might have been a failure on WGT side, it doesnt really matter to me anyways, i just play for the fun anymore sicne there is so many issues with the game i dont even buy WGT balls anymore because of all the issue's i dont feel i should play tournments anymore as well,  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:16 AM
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:18 AM

PrivateAccount:
    Pls readjust the ranking from my 69.61 too 64.23 That should make me about 68.80. Please let me know how this could have happened and how it will be fixed for me to get my PROPER ranking.

I don't think you understand. your stroke play average is not affected by the average of your opponets. Even if this game was match play - and you won, your average would not change.

You lost nothing because of this game - you just had to deal with a guy quitting on you - it happens too often but it is no reason to make accusations like...

PrivateAccount:
    f Andy has found a way to cheat wouldn't you want to put and end to him playing on here. Or is he someone that works for WGT? and gets special treatment?

geeze.. who are you Glen Beck? (hmmm.. i think this might be true.. lmao)

and sure, my tone towards you is a little annoyed (sorry, but it just how I feel I need to make my point), and you'll probably attack me - don't bother. Just forget this happened - next time a guy quits on you, or some strange thing happens in the game, send a bug report, or not. Just don't get silly ideas that WGT is conspiring to cheat you in some way... just makes you look like a lunatic.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 9:36 AM

PrivateAccount:
    Richard, I don't care what you THINK. I was in the game, Not you. It's not a bug. WGT workers can control anything they want.

You're absolutely correct!  They are out to get us.   Its luck of the draw which WGT worker monitors your game.  There is one particularly nasty monitor they call either DV (for Deviation VEMer) or MrWTF we need to watch out for.  He works strictly on server psj03 and works KIA #17 a lot.  He's clever, gives you a 10mph wind off the water, then kill it during your swing.  You ding it, but kerplunk water hazard......then give you a drop in the sand trap.

Then there's the guy they call The Beast, he hangs out on Bethpage Black.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 10:35 AM

lol, i know that guy. Brilliant

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 10 2010 10:48 AM

andyson:

The Player Suggestions and Revenue charts are hilarious... lol.

• RichKCL
    278 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:15 AM

That is not me in the picture LOL

• rutgernohl
    188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 4:09 AM

I don't think it's a bug!

i think it is to give u some points for finishing two player game.

and his score wil not be save in to his account. so the birdie goes lost.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 5:17 AM

PrivateAccount:

Richard, I don't care what you THINK. I was in the game, Not you. It's not a bug. WGT workers can control anything they want. It was 100% unfair what happened. I emailed WGT and got a soft reponse. Basicly, They said nothing.

WGT does not have a big enough staff to monitor every game and affect the outcome like you are claiming. At any one time there are 100's of rounds being played. It would take a staff of 100's just to do that.Not to mention all the other activities that go on at WGT corporate.

And as it was not match play or match play challenge you didn't really lose anything either.

RSS