Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • BartMania
    221 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 12:44 PM

Hanswurst and I played our match....and what a great, competitive match it was. Hans had me down 2 after 5 holes.....and was playing great. I managed to get it tied going into hole 9 where he made eagle to take a 1up lead to the back nine. Again we were tied going into the 14th hole....where he made a ridiculous birdie from the back fringe area. We stayed all square until the 17th hole where I hit a 4 iron to 10 feet, and drained the birdie to take my first lead of the match. Hole 18 was no picnic, especially after I hit my approach to 11 feet, above the hole. But I navigated that bad boy home and narrowly won, 1 up. Great match to Hanswurst who is a fine, fine competitor.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 12:45 PM

KingSallow. Don't worry about it for now. It was just a misunderstanding and maybe taken a bit out of context.  If you want you can try to invite PRIESTESS to a game and forfeit the credits, but she has withdrawn and replaced with coolswing.

You have always been great with me, and we look forward to having you in future hustles.

Cheers!

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 12:51 PM

Just got beaten by Bartmania in a truely awesome match... got an early 2 up advantage, but momentum then shifted, a 180° lip-out by me and a really well played birdie by him send the match back to A/S. With a nice eagle at the 9th, i came back and started the back 9 with a little advantage. But a 3-putt par at the 12th finally ended that... from then on i was simply fighting. Drained a 40ft 6 uphill birdie at no 14 after some really bad shots und saved par from the deep bunker at 16. But a birdie(!)-birdie finish left me standing on the losers side, simply outplayed.

Was an honour to see u play a nice ~62, best of luck for the rest of it!

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 1:12 PM

Just played my first round match, really fun game v. JeffDos924. Jeff is a great player, but as many of you know, a true gentleman. He refused to tee off with his driver because of his TM status, thus putting himself at a big disadvantage.  Even with his 3wd, he's a formidable opponent and it was a fun match. Cyl6 wins 5 & 3

Some notable shots - Jeff hit a fantastic shot to the front pin at 11 that trickled back down the hill to about 4 ft for a birdie. Perfectly played. A few putts go differently, and the result may have changed.

Scorecard:

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 1:25 PM

Cyl ... that was a TON of fun.... what a tough match.

2dn thru 9 and i thought i had a fair chance. Too bad for me that you just wouldn't get tired of sticking approach shots inside of 10 feet ..lol.

I don't feel bad losing to such a nice guy ... I was just out-played. Good luck in the next round, bud.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 2:40 PM

So glad to see that everyone is having as much fun as I am!  I actually played my 2nd round match today too as coolswing was eager to get going.

If you have not played with coolswing (vic) is he a solid guy and player.  Our match was tight the whole way. Unfortunately, the front nine saw us both struggling, mostly due to meter issues. We were both metered several times on the front, causing the loss of holes on both our parts.

The back nine was a different story. We both likely would have ended with sub 30 rounds.  I lucked out with a chip in on 12 to get me 1 up. Then on 15 we were both 7 ft with terrible sidehill putts, coolswings lipped out and mine lipped in. We both birdied 17 and that was the game.

Big thanks to Vic for stepping in as our sub and for a great match!  Updated bracket below.  Remember, 1st round matches to be finished by next week (St. Andrews) and 2nd round (Bethpage Black) to be finished by February 21. Good luck, have fun, and play well!

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:05 PM

After a roller-coaster game of great shots and shockers, I beat Kobalt 3 up after 16 holes. Thanks for a battle royale, now to the next round.

Uh oh...

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:07 PM

Juan won 3 and 2 ....I played like crap   at end     very good game Juan

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 5:08 PM

Thx for tourney JC

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 8:31 AM

Thanks Kobalt! Hope to have you again!!

Congrats Juan...our defending champion moves on!

RSS