Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 6:41 PM

Just played CCC back 9...dots are way to slow. I don't think they can fix this one...not with the people they got now. 

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 7:02 PM

I think they are def better than a few hours ago. I haven't played enough to know for sure yet but I would say they are very similar/close to before. It is hard to say whether or not they are exact same as before yet.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 7:04 PM

Never thought I would say this, but I'm done.

Someone PM me/etc, when this mess is figured out.

Anything outside of 3 feet, total crap shoot, maybe the auto dingers are lapping this up?...I dunno.

See ya'll on the flip side if things get back to normal.

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:06 PM

racoondad:

andyson:

The dots do appear slower, compared to earlier, almost slo-motion.  Likely an optical trick from seeing faster dots.

Exactly.

I can confirm the dot movement is back to the old speed. 

I count the speed of the dots and then calculate the break.

Last few days the dots move 2.5 times faster than normal. It can certainly mess up one's "feel".

Am I the only one who thinks the dot speed is back to normal?

I don't get it. Did a few days of fast speed mess up people's feel so badly?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:27 PM

Just finished a practice round on Oly B9, dots are still way too slow, had to guage true break strictly from memory there.  Seems some courses are worse than others regarding dot speed.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:33 PM

mkg335:

Just finished a practice round on Oly B9, dots are still way too slow, had to guage true break strictly from memory there.  Seems some courses are worse than others regarding dot speed.

Yep...I have slow and slower dots, no need to go into hole by hole details,,,but it's not anywhere what it was like it was before.

Oh...eff ya Mark!

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:38 PM

I just played the Bandon RG and to me the dots seemed spot on.  I haven't played any of the other tracks yet though.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:51 PM

Spammage:

I just played the Bandon RG and to me the dots seemed spot on.  I haven't played any of the other tracks yet though.

Yep, played a CC tourney round at Bandon and seemed okay...even Oak wasn't too bad, but had to allow for more break than normal and rely heavily on memory.  Maybe it's just me but Oly seems the worst so far, dot speed is nowhere near indicating the severity of break there.

Oh, and Baggs....

...eff ya get a pair of binoculars you might see my dust...

:-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:08 PM

MBaggese:
    Never thought I would say this, but I'm done.

You'll be sadly fookin missed !!

;-)

^^ to put into context

This joke might not go down well but blame Chubby Brown ? :)

" There was an earthquake in China last week, terrible loss of life...

3000 people died..

They'll be sadly missed eh ?

The Phone book will only be a fookin foot thick now !! "

*************************************

Well I found it funny anyway

Andy

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:23 PM

mkg335:
    Maybe it's just me but Oly seems the worst so far, dot speed is nowhere near indicating the severity of break there.

Nope, I said the same on page 10 ;-) Btw, RSG is also pretty close to normal (compared to others). I'm putting blind on the rest of them. Godd thing my memory's good, otherwisemy scores would be even worse than they are ATM.

RSS