Forums

Help › Forums

higher tier players

Sun, Jun 14 2015 1:11 PM (28 replies)
  • darrenhx40
    90 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 3:39 AM

I know this has probably already been mentioned along the line somwhere but why do some "higher tier" players have problems with lower tier players when looking for multiplayer games. It seems as if they will only play in their own backyard and are frightened of being brought down a peg or three,what they seem to forget is they were once at a low level. Please note i am not targeting all high tier players as the majority of tour master lvl upward players i have played with or against have been quite respectful and helpful and i know a lot of country clubs will encourage players along the way its just the odd one or two who spoil the party and instead of encouragement they turn away and snub players who are quite happy to play and enjoy the game irregardless of the outcome,

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 12:23 PM

I think most of it has to do with the type of game being played . There are a lot of high tiered players multi accounting at the lower tiers . They set up players and fleece them out of credits . Also take into consideration that higher tiered players are also giving up tee advantages to players who have clubs as good as theirs too .

So its not that they are afraid to play but simply avoiding all of the garbage that goes with the game . Join a club and build you up a good friends list to ensure your games are fun and honest .

• steve1248
    849 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:03 PM

GOOD POINT 711 -- BUT I ALSO SEE IT GO THE OTHER WAY..... I'M AN "L" & OFTEN START ALT SHOT GAMES OPEN TO HACKS +  AND  8 OR 10  -TP's AND BELOW LOG IN SET UP & QUIT

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:16 PM

I personally will elect any tier player who is not marked as an orange, any clock, except 30 second, any course, but only 9 holes.  In doing this I am open to almost anything, but it often happens that a lower tier player starting a round will have me (booted) from playing.  I am quite sure the reason is the green speed that comes with my title of legend.

I consider it an extreme challenge to play a round with others who are not on the same level as I am.  It can make for a very good round.  FUN!   if you have never heard of that word being used on a course, actual or a play site on the PC, maybe you should re-think why it is you play on this site.

I do not participate here for the glory of it, but for the FUN! of it.     my nickle.

• gerrylangan
    65 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:02 PM

What a great response Lee/Sharon  fair play ,if you can't have fun here you have little chance elsewhere in ur life.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 5:54 PM

Pretty much daily I start an 18 hole multiplayer game. To keep the 18 hole game to about 1.5 hrs long, it's just me and 1 other player.

These days I open games I start to Masters and above, because so many players at tiers lower than that quit before a game was finished.

Also these days, if a Master or above has a game completion check mark other than green they don't get to play in my game.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 6:20 PM

The sad facts are on both sides of the street. I really love playing alt-shot ; the different players and tiers, the chat, the free, have fun, grip & rip partnership of it. Hack, pro, etc...all good. My problem is I can't get a game...I always get booted or declined :-[

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 6:52 PM

A legend found me recently in a match play game, I was bored so I accepted. We played the game during which he explained how hard it was to get games with TL's as they always withdrew.

I enjoyed the game and offered to play him daily. We've played three games so far and it is fun. Losing or winning is irrelevant as I am happy to help him out.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 3:40 AM

SweetiePie:
    My problem is I can't get a game...I always get booted or declined :-[

It might be your Ave. that is scaring them SP

-Roger

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 5:37 AM

doesn't scare me.

Only plays sweeps par 3 and par 5's.

Did she shoot a lucky 25 at Bethpage after turning T legend.

RSS