Forums

Help › Forums

higher tier players

Sun, Jun 14 2015 1:11 PM (28 replies)
  • roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 5:47 AM

Getting hard to find any game on here, WGT is in a free fall players have just got bored of it. There was a time you could any kind of game at anytime of the day on here now you wait half and hour some time.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2015 6:09 AM

oneeyedjohn:

doesn't scare me.

Only plays sweeps par 3 and par 5's.

Did she shoot a lucky 25 at Bethpage after turning T legend.

Ha - I did shoot a 25 at BP / B9, but I enjoy the 24's & 25's at Kiawah F9 & B9 (10 or 15 of them) better. I enjoy Bandon sweeps cause I fair well there, and play the par 5 course for the eagles and to try to better my 66 there. Things I only have time, interest and desire for anymore....except for wanting random alt-shot games I can't get a hold of  ;-} 

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:21 AM

steve1248:
    GOOD POINT 711 -- BUT I ALSO SEE IT GO THE OTHER WAY..... I'M AN "L" & OFTEN START ALT SHOT GAMES OPEN TO HACKS +  AND  8 OR 10  -TP's AND BELOW LOG IN SET UP & QUIT

Exactly true. Many lower level players see a Legend on the list, and just sign out. Also, many lower tiers are coded yellow meaning they quit a lot. When they are playing ranked games, they are so concerned about their average, they will just quit many times instead of finishing with a high score.I'm all for playing with anyone hack and up if they want to play and will finish the game.

Cheers, Fwys & Greens

Bob

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:57 AM

How can anyone below Legend tier be worried about their average... and I think we are talking about AS games anyways.

2,111 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 2:05 PM

Just to let everyone know!

While I may be a Tour Legend, I will play anyone of any level.  I could give a hoot about my average anymore and often when I go out to play an alternate-shot game, I'm looking for new member to join the club I am in!!!  

So if you are a serious player and not a quitter, looking for a game, then  I'll be happy to play anytime anywhere (Except Merion that is!!!)  lol

Phil  aka., Coyote

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:52 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    How can anyone below Legend tier be worried about their average... and I think we are talking about AS games anyways.

I was meaning all types of games, and of course Ranked is the one where average matters. Many Pros, Tour Pros, Masters are concerned about their average because they are trying to advance to the next tier. I've had some check out on the last hole when they are over par, and some will say they don't want to record their score. I don't mind someone stopping on the last hole to avoid a high score, but don't quit in the middle of the round because it's going bad.

I was lots more concerned about my average at lower tiers than I am at Legend. Of course, i'm long ago saturated so it doesn't matter now, but even before then i wasn't concerned about it. It is what it is. And, I'll probably never make 60 for TL anyways.

Cheers,

Bob

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:00 PM

And they the same players that then moan about equipment not being available to lower level players , no win in my eyes , its a long road, enjoy the view ;-) 

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:32 PM

sweetypie, please play from  legend  tee now, let the red tee rest for a while lol

Do like michael stroke, play from long tee now, we see than the  red tee and selected  course can give 49 or 50 average for everybody, no need to proove that to all us lol

I remember playing  against you an  alternate game  couple of months ago when we where legend, we defeat  you my partner and i, 4  up on 6 and i'm only average player.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 2:13 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Either badge wearing or no understanding of what a "WGT saturated average is".

To advance here we all know all you need is a collection of X many rounds (varies per tier) that = a certain amount, an dthe rest just do not count.  All quitting gets 'em is less XP and a longer wait for equipment, nothing else.  Applies to L tier as well just the same. 

Even at TL you still saturate, but if you want to play the red tee chase I guess you have to accept less XP.  Not that I personally ever saw the red interest but I doubt 25s are an every time gimme  at Merion B9, no matter how easy it is set up.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 8:03 AM

micheldess:

sweetypie, please play from  legend  tee now, let the red tee rest for a while lol

Been there, done that...for about 5 1/2 years. I am giving it a rest

Do like michael stroke, play from long tee now, we see than the  red tee and selected  course can give 49 or 50 average for everybody, no need to proove that to all us lol

nah...I prefer doing things my way. What I enjoy. I like the freedom to enhance my pleasure as I define it. When it is no longer fun or interesting I will focus on something else fun...as I define it

I remember playing  against you an  alternate game  couple of months ago when we where legend, we defeat  you my partner and i, 4  up on 6 and i'm only average player.

I don't. But I'm sure I had fun. But, I don't play to win or lose, just to have some fun...as I define it. 

;-}

RSS