Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 5:09 AM

Paul Lawrie's the guy to look out for here.

-7 through 13.

No one knows the course better than him ( he's almost a local ) and if the wind gets up, that won't really be too much of an issue for him compared to others. Remember all the years ago when he came from 10 strokes behind to win the open at Carnoustie in heavy wind conditions.

Still early days yet but hoping he keeps his solid game going.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 8:25 AM

Dubfore:

Glad to hear Peter Allis is on form already with his one liner wit. He just commented on Woods dress code for the round, "....forty shades of grey....".    

Class. 

LOL

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 9:18 AM

BubbaCrusher007:

Dubfore:

Glad to hear Peter Allis is on form already with his one liner wit. He just commented on Woods dress code for the round, "....forty shades of grey....".    

Class. 

LOL

LOL x 2

Talking about St. Andrews dress code check this out

If I had shown myself like this when I played St Andrews (15 years ago), the receptionist would have had a heart attack, her colleges would have gave me the tear gas and called the police, to end up in prison with a huge fine.....without even asking me in their poshy accent; "may I help you Sir? 

Windy right now : /, guys in the early rounds had a big advantage.

D. Johnson seems to be heading for a good tournament if not a great one. Lawrie had a fantastic day when amazing recoveries, great to see him up there : )))

Feel like crossing Tiger's name from our pick list but I do have respect for Lily.....lmao.

Eric

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 9:38 AM

LOLserver:
    D. Johnson seems to be heading for a good tournament if not a great one. Lawrie had a fantastic day when amazing recoveries, great to see him up there : )))

Spieth's hanging, too, looking like his usual, calm self. TV coverage is only on the Road Hole here (computer) but did get to see Tiger take that CTTH shot on 17-the one where you just get on the green. He came up way short but saved the par. 

What are the odds DJ and Spieth wind up together Sunday in a rematch?  :-)

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 12:26 PM

Watch the open here in the G,B from 9am in the morning to 7,PM this eveing  it was such bliss l nodded of a few times   fantastic days golf and lm going to do exactly the same Friday, Saturday and Sunday think l need an early night got some serious golf watching Friday 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 12:31 PM

Watching this tourney only further demonstrates how wrongly  WGT have programmed the wind.

St Andrews is one of the best examples of it helping on the front and hindering on the back, or vice versa.

Haphazard or random as it is called is just a joke, especially in competition where the playing field should be level for all competitors in WGTland.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 12:36 PM

It cannot get more interesting for the next 3 days, 6 players ties in second place!!

Yes, some great golf and some ugly bunkers too.

We lucky at WGT, no matter if we tee off early or late, we always get sunny & dry weather : ))))...thanks WGT 

It looks ugly with the weather for the next 3 days (typical British summer...lol), wet & wind, lets hope the tournament runs smooth anyways : )))

Still many members picks at the top, although some are already almost out....ouch

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 12:55 PM

YankeeJim:

What are the odds DJ and Spieth wind up together Sunday in a rematch?  :-)

Many, those two seem to play together for the rest of the championship ; ))

daveparr:

Watch the open here in the G,B from 9am in the morning to 7,PM this eveing  it was such bliss l nodded of a few times   fantastic days golf and lm going to do exactly the same Friday, Saturday and Sunday think l need an early night got some serious golf watching Friday 

Same here, I admit I had to split myself with the Tour de France too for some time tho.

oneeyedjohn:

Watching this tourney only further demonstrates how wrongly  WGT have programmed the wind.

St Andrews is one of the best examples of it helping on the front and hindering on the back, or vice versa.

Agree, but also St. Andrews is like a hotdog and you get just the opposite wind each time you play front or back.
    I don't think WGT could really set a full realistic wind , my opinion.
    Eric
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 1:00 PM

Thinking about tomorrow, the players who starter early today will start late tomorrow, perhaps they will also take some advantage of the weather. 

Worst thing would be if it is the other way around and the weather gets better at the end of the day.....lol

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 1:12 PM

Pics from day 1

RSS