Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 1:40 PM

Really felt for Tiger approach shot to the green first hole in the Bern you just knew it would only get worse, also nick faldo 10+ really  why oh why do they still invite him when he does not play any competitive golf through the year

Rather see these places given to the  up and comeing young guns on the Tour :-

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 3:06 PM

LOLserver:

Worst thing would be if it is the other way around and the weather gets better at the end of the day.....lol

Eric

And thats exactly the forecast, unlucky bunch todays late starters as the weather starts terrible and then improves (but we know forecasts have been wrong before)

Bubbs

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 3:24 PM

daveparr:
    Really felt for Tiger approach shot to the green first hole in the Bern

Sorry in advance Dave, I like your posts but I can't let that go man.

It's the Swilken Burn.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 4:04 PM

daveparr:

R, also nick faldo 10+ really  

Sorry, but his name is Sir Nick Faldo.

I can't let that go, he is a Knight of the Realm after all.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 4:26 PM

daveparr:
    also nick faldo 10+ really  why oh why do they still invite him when he does not play any competitive golf through the year
    Past Open winners aged under 60 are automatically invited to play and are exempt from qualifying.

http://www.theopen.com/Players/Exemptions

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 5:15 PM

Look out tomorrow and Saturday ... in the baby winds they had today, even par was a good back nine ... winds will be in different directions but my gosh ... BIG GIGANTIC winds ...

Providing the weather forecast is accurate ...

• Dubfore
    4,350 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 5:22 PM

All of St. Andrews holes in detail, including the hole names.

Old course

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 11:25 PM

Start of play for today has been delayed. Several groups were already due to be out on course but play has been suspended due to winds and rain

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 12:07 AM

"It is a wet, soggy mess. There are puddles and streams all across the course. I've never seen the Old Course looking like this - it is under water," wrote the BBC's Alistair Bruce Ball.

Obviously he doesn't come here often then.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 12:07 AM

Statement released at 08:00

Gordon Moir, the head greenkeeper at St Andrews, says that the Old Course fairways are likely to need over an hour to dry out and become playable - that's when the rain stops. Another heavy shower is expected shortly, with the dark clouds expected to pass *fingers crossed* by 10:00 BST.

RSS