Forums

Help › Forums

PGA Championship 2015

Thu, Aug 20 2015 2:27 AM (139 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 11:50 AM

LOLserver:
    although you can only choose one for the 54 hole leader.

If all 3 are tied for the 54 hole lead, and somebody else just picks 1 of the 3, shouldn't I win. If only 1 or 2 of my picks are 54 hole leaders then I'm out.

Sorry for not following directions, but it is possible to have a 3-way tie after 54 holes. .  .lol . . (yes, I'm not cool and too old to care (referring to my "lol").  ;-))

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:35 PM

NEWS!!!!!

WGT, through WGTShoe is sponsoring 5 sleeves : ))). totally unexpected ; ))

Happy to see WGT supports our fun competition, ALL is only for the WGT community joy : )))

THANKS WGT!

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:38 PM

ColumbusStorm:

LOLserver:
    although you can only choose one for the 54 hole leader.

If all 3 are tied for the 54 hole lead, and somebody else just picks 1 of the 3, shouldn't I win. If only 1 or 2 of my picks are 54 hole leaders then I'm out.

Sorry for not following directions, but it is possible to have a 3-way tie after 54 holes. .  .lol . . (yes, I'm not cool and too old to care (referring to my "lol").  ;-))

I let Don decide what to do Russ : )), he is the one sponsoring the 54 hole leader....it ought to be no problem whatsoever anyways bud, ALL is only 4 fun : )))

Eric

• AUGIE316
    120 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 1:04 PM

AUGIE316- My pick is Jordan Spieth -15.  Dustin Johnson 54 hole leader though.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 1:12 PM

razza31:

LOLserver:

Those 3 guys playing together.......sort of like WGT setting up TV rights = ALL THE MONEY in one group!!!!...LOL

Eric

Thats how the PGA Ch. Rd 1 & 2 always line up.. Winners of 1st 3 majors..

In this case its the last 3

Thanks for pointing that out razza : )))...I'm just 2 old to beware of all those details.

Eric 

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:13 PM

LOLserver:

PGA Championship 2015 at Whistling Straits from Thursday 13 to Sunday 16 August 2015 

Hello WGT member, welcome to the last Major of the year this time at Whistling Straits in the US.

We expect to have again a fantastic Major with plenty of action & GREAT golf. 

NEWS!!!...WGT is sponsoring sleeves too....apreciatted WGT : )))

As usual, we will have our "Pick winner" competition, "54 hole leader" and "HIO Pick Winner" too. Prizes will be ball sleeves awarded at the end of the championship : )))

• Pick Winner will receive (until now) 5 x sleeves!, 1 x sponsored by Bigal, 1 x sponsored by KIller and 3 x sponsored by WGT/WGTShoe-------If TIE, players will play in PRACTICE mode 9 holes stroke at Kiawa course with HIGH winds & championship greens

• 54 holes leader will receive (until now) 2 x sleeves, 1 x sponsored by donsprint & 1 x sponsored by WGT/WGTShoe
    • HIO for PIck Winner will receive 1 x sleeve sponsored by LOLserver
    • NEW!!, 1 x sleeve to Winner Pick beaten in play offs, sponsored by adeypa : )))
    • NEW!!, 1 x sleeve to the FIRST albatross for any Winner Pick sponsored by WGT/WGTShoe

STILL LOOKING FOR SPONSORS!!  : ))) We hope to get new generous sponsors for the several competitions.

So, please submit your Pick Winner, final score & 54 hole leader if you want to be part of all competitions.

REMEMBER.........................ALL IS ONLY 4 FUN : ))) 

All picks will close at 07.46 am Thursday the 13 of August, local tim

Waaaaaaaaay too much reading for me to do, good sir!  But I do wish you luck with your endeavor.  ;-)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:31 PM

Dougie4042:

LOLserver:

So, please submit your Pick Winner, final score & 54 hole leader if you want to be part of all competitions.

Waaaaaaaaay too much reading for me to do, good sir!  But I do wish you luck with your endeavor.  ;-)

LOL....not much buddy : ))) I repeat; submit your Pick Winner, final score & 54 hole leader if you want to be part of all competitions.

Easy peace ; )))

You should also enter the fun Doug.

Eric.

ps...message received about the CC vs CC match Doug : )), I'll post it in the CC forum too 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:37 PM

ColumbusStorm:

Jason Day  -11

54 holes leaders Jason Day,  Bubba Watson and Jordan Spieth (all tied for the lead at -9)

All three of those are already chosen Russ, but feel free to choose any other player in the field of the PGA Championship. As seen from our Pick Winner and 54 hole leader pick of the Open Championship, nobody chose either winner, despite the fact that all the popular (and best) players were picked ... 

My method of determining the winner of the 54 hole leader is to go with the PGA's listing of who is officially in the top spot at the end of play on Saturday (or at the end of the 54 holes if it occurs on some other day) as determined by the leaderboard posted on the PGA's official website, the PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

The method used by the PGA, the USGA, and the R&A also determines who plays in the final group if there are three or more players tied for the lead at the end of play after 54 holes.

Anyway it goes, no other leaderboards, whether they are television channel boards or leaderboards from any other source will determine who the 54 hole leader pick winner will be. 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:41 PM

AUGIE316:

AUGIE316- My pick is Jordan Spieth -15.  Dustin Johnson 54 hole leader though.

Dustin Johnson has already been chosen as 54 hole leader AUGIE ... feel free to choose from any other player in the field of the PGA Championship. Likely the 54 hole leader will be someone not chosen, as happened in the Open Championship 54 hole leader pick winner at St. Andrews ...

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2015 2:46 PM

LOLserver:

NEWS!!!!!

WGT, through WGTShoe is sponsoring 5 sleeves : ))). totally unexpected ; ))

Happy to see WGT supports our fun competition, ALL is only for the WGT community joy : )))

THANKS WGT!

Eric

Thanks so much Shoe for helping our little enterprise ... 

RSS