2015 Rugby World Cup

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:58 AM (68 replies)
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 10:57 AM

PaulTon:

Sorry Craig....that is total bs. 

Wouldn't most (if not all) of the semi-final tickets not already been sold well before the quarters were played?

Someone send Craig a roll of extra thick tin-foil.

^^^^ this. Craig, did you not watch the match??? How many spectators were there?

There were more than 77,000 people there, most of whom were rooting for Scotland!

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/match/14219#latest

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 11:38 AM

ok.

So I,m in a minority of one .

But the ref did leave the pitch rather quick .

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:00 PM

craigswan:

ok.

So I,m in a minority of one .

Regards the money comment goes - yup.

Far as the ref's competence goes - he failed miserably, not just in the Scotland v Oz game either.

craigswan:

Seems he needed a Jimmy Riddle.

I suspect a Gladys Knight would've been more likely....... 

petervcpt:
    I think the ref was fine with his decisions

What nationality was he again?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:14 PM

Kepone18:
    Maybe the northern hemisphere countries should limit the amount of players they can buy for their competitions,

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Firstly you get players who are overpaid and nearing the end of their careers and this limits the opportunity for local talent.

The knock on effect for the Southern Hemisphere teams is the up and coming players do get the chance to play in a truly top competition where there are no or very few easy matches.

The Rugby Championship has produced some great players, but most importantly has given the players the chance to learn about pressure. Get in a position to win, and top teams will rise. It is the mental belief that you can win, rather than accepting you nearly won.

That is not negating the penalty at the end....it was a bad call, but as mentioned earlier, in this game Scotland could have killed the game off......perhaps it is that mental belief was missing.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:29 PM

WigerToods2010:

craigswan:

Seems he needed a Jimmy Riddle.

I suspect a Gladys Knight would've been more likely....... 

LMFAO

As for the refs decisions being fine...hmmmm

But in his defence he was right in not using the TMO, still a bad decision though especially when you can see replays....if it smells like shi........nm

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:31 PM

alanti:
    .if it smells like shi........nm

This thread's heading right doon the pan................

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:43 PM

This ref has history .

Craig Joubert, the rugby referee died and went to heaven. St Peter Rugby World Cup

Stopped by St Peter at the gates he was told that only brave people who had performed heroic deeds and had the courage of their convictions could enter. If he could describe a situation in his life where he had shown these characteristics, he would be allowed in.

''Well,' said Mr Joubert, 'I was controlling a game between New Zealand and England in the World Cup Quarter-Final.'

England were two points ahead with a minute to go.  Chris Ashton made a break, passed inside to Johnny Wilkinson.   We was driven on by his forwards, before he passed out to Mike Tindall who went over in the corner. But Tindall dropped the ball before he could ground it.  As England were clearly the better side all game, I ruled that he had got it down and awarded the try without calling for the video ref.'

'OK, that was fairly brave of you, but I will have to check it in the book,' said Peter, before disappearing to look it up.  When he came back he said, 'Sorry, there's no record of this.  Can you help me to trace it? When did all this happen?'

Craig Joubert looked at his watch and replied, 'Forty-five seconds ago at the West Stand end.'

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:45 PM

Question:  What do you call an Englishman with the World Cup in his hands?

Answer: The Engraver.

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:49 PM

Q: What do call an Frenchman holding a bottle of champagne after the Rugby World Cup Final?

A: Waiter.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 7:11 AM

50 minutes to go...

RSS