Forums

Help › Forums

2015 Rugby World Cup

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:58 AM (68 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2015 10:46 AM

Close game, commiserations to SA....quite bummed.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2015 2:33 AM

alanti:

Close game, commiserations to SA....quite bummed.

Yeah it was. We almost had them.

BUT....we never scored a try and they scored 2.

Would have liked to have played Australia in the final.

Good luck for the Australia - Argentina match in a few hours mate!

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2015 10:36 AM

The Kings Cross Steelers were formed in 1995 by a group of gay men in a pub. Their aim was to create the first gay rugby union team in the world. Twenty years later they have a membership of over 120 and are four-time winners of the European Championships for gay rugby teams. ?

....which may explain why Canucks prefer Hockey.....those scrums would make me damn nervous.....just sayin'

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2015 12:43 PM

petervcpt:
    Good luck for the Australia - Argentina match in a few hours mate!

Cheers Peter.......we struggled for the most part, but again the defense was outstanding.

4 tries to none.......but ill discipline , especially in the 1st half could have cost them. Having Pocock fit is a must for Aussie....

Australian rugby needed a good run, and hopefully a win in the final as the game has been in the doldrums and struggled financially, results and popularity.

Tough week ahead for me....as I am living in NZ........will be a lot of trash talk this week!

It has been a great World Cup with arguably the best two sides in the final.....possibly the only downside is the increasing gulf between the Northern and Southern hemispheres..

• hillise
    383 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:03 PM

Nice way to finish the world cup Peter with South Africa finishing 3rd,should have been in the final with the All Blacks. New Zealand to win by 13 + and hope to wipe those cocky smiles of those Aussies faces.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:31 PM

hillise:
    New Zealand to win by 13 + and hope to wipe those cocky smiles of those Aussies faces.

Not sure about cocky....unless you are talking about Aussies in general my little brother :))

As for the game, we are underdogs and playing possibly the best side of all time.....hard to be cocky.

The good thing is this is what Australian rugby needed, a good shot in the arm as the game continually is slipping and is very much a minority sport. Michael Cheika has certainly turned around the team and hopefully the perception of the game. With the rate of decline, the game will be almost dead in 10 years otherwise.

All that said, as an Aussie living in NZ, this game obviously means a lot to kiwis......to me it is just a game, to Kiwis a religion. You live and breathe the game here, back home you hardly hear about a game unless it is a Test.

Head says NZ, heart says Aussie.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:09 PM

Asking a Kiwi to support Aussie is a bit like asking a Scot to go for England from what I have seen.  Certainly at the Ashes the Kiwis looked as happy at the Englsh this time around.

I am English but live in Oz, and a bit torn :)....I will probably side with NZ as I think 1. it means so much, and 2. They arguably prepared the best.

As for the future of the game yes that's another issue.  It's inherently a contact sport and then some.  At grass roots kids here can end up playing against some huge guy / kid, and mothers are saying NO.  Throw in the fact that in Southern Sydney it's a minority sport even compared to rugby league (another code), and the game has serious issues.  They have tried to address some issues, but need to find a way through more to get it back on track.

Hoping for a great game though:)

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 6:37 AM

hillise:

Nice way to finish the world cup Peter with South Africa finishing 3rd,should have been in the final with the All Blacks. New Zealand to win by 13 + and hope to wipe those cocky smiles of those Aussies faces.

Thanks. Was proud of our effort.

Would have been a GREAT final between us and NZ!

But we couldn't get our a$$ in gear and NZ deserved to beat us.

I dunno if it's a walk in the park for NZ - Australia has been playing nice rugby.

Can't wait for the game though!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:50 AM

Congratulations to NZ, they are the best side, on the day and for the last decade.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 11:23 AM

alanti:

Congratulations to NZ, they are the best side, on the day and for the last decade.

Agreed - they totally dominated every phase of play.

What a game!

RSS