Help › Forums

2015 Rugby World Cup

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 4 2015 2:58 AM (68 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 2:52 PM

WigerToods2010:

Australia 35 v Scotland 34 - last minute penalty edges the Aussies through.

Pwoud, vewy, vewy pwoud........  worst referee thus far though.

And indeed you should be!

Robbed by a diabolical referee (many dubious decisions not only in this game, but previous matches)

Scotland The Brave...were indeed that and lifted for the occasion whilst the Wallabies were no doubt complacent.

For me the Aussie performance highlighted that without Pocock, they will flounder.

It also highlights that winning should be about scoring tries, too often you see the team with the best goal kicker winning.....methinks a reduction in points for a penalty with certain offending also resulting in an automatic sin bin. The emphasis should then shift to running rugby (Rugby in Aus continues to lose popularity).

Credit to Argentina and SA.......and probably one of the two best performances I have ever seen was the AB's against France. No the French are not good, but this was scintillating.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 3:40 PM

petervcpt:

The Scots played their hearts out and were very unlucky not to win.

Sadly, Peter - It's a scenario us Scots know only too well - regardless of the sport involved.

alanti:
    Robbed by a diabolical referee (many dubious decisions not only in this game, but previous matches)

Hi Al,

Re the ref :

I just can't fathom why he never even looked at the replay before giving Australia the pen at the end.  Such a vital decision you'd think he'd have at least have got confirmation of any decision he was going to make - if for no other reason than to save himself getting flak if it was shown his call was wrong.

The other call that irked me was the yellow card for the Scots lad for an intentional knock-on. I don't have a problem with the action the ref took - pen + sin bin for 10mins -  what got me was that Australia had a try disallowed when the attacking player knocked the ball on, for me it was clearly intentional, yet he never produced a yellow card then.

I love the pace that the southern hemisphere teams play at and today my ain wee country did not look out of place at all. The pundits thought it would be a backs-to-the-wall perfomance from Scotland today. Instead we played some brilliant stuff at times and I don't mind admitting that I was a blubbering wreck with minutes to go.

Loved the game and the way both teams, at times, went for the jugular.

I do think that Scotland made an error when with 2 minutes approx' to go they launched the ball way up the park giving, way to cheaply, the ball to Australia. Given how long was to go I'd have thought possesion was the priority, gaining even a yard or so at a time would have seen the clock run out.

So long as the thrills continue in the remainder of the competition I don't really care who wins it now.

It's been a brilliant World Cup with some super games.

Thank you England for putting on such a great tournament.......

....and for the laughs (soz, couldn't resist).

:)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 9:38 PM

WigerToods2010:

Thank you England for putting on such a great tournament.......

....and for the laughs (soz, couldn't resist).

LMAO - for a minute my jaw hit the ground.........complimenting England.

But in true Scottish fashion....it was never going to last long!

I am still picking Aus vs NZ final....but Aus vs SA would suit me better as I am living in NZ....and the Kiwis are intolerable when the AB's play........also gives us a better chance in the final lol.

Johnny - as the THE decision, technically it was his decision and I suppose a ref has to call it as he sees it............I can hear the BOOS from Scotland from here.....

But overall I am not impressed with Joubert. But this decision did change the game....but I agree, kill the game keeping the ball tight up front with a couple of minutes to go.....and never throw long in a lineout under those circumstances. 

It was one of those matches......neither side deserved to lose, but it is sport, there has to be a victor. 

No doubt many a can of Tennents Super was consumed afterwards, followed by copious chasers of Whisky........was early morning here so was coffee followed by more coffee....so you win in one way :)).

Ahhh forgotten already......and it's not like it was the q/f in the football world cup

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 1:52 AM

petervcpt:

WigerToods2010:

Australia 35 v Scotland 34 - last minute penalty edges the Aussies through.

Pwoud, vewy, vewy pwoud........  worst referee thus far though.

As for this tosspot......

Wit an arrogant plonker he is!

You should be proud! The Scots almost won!

I think the ref was fine with his decisions, and I think that both teams played their hearts out.

And did you see the Argentina match??? That was just a beautiful rugby exhibition! Ireland unfortunately was completely outplayed.

Sleeve of balls to the 1st person who correctly guesses the 2 teams in the final:

South Africa

Argentina

New Zealand

Australia

NZ and Australia.

Scotland were robbed, terrible refereeing.

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:29 AM

It;s all down to money -  I;m afraid . If australia drop out the audience goes down .

Shameful .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:44 AM

craigswan:

It;s all down to money -  I;m afraid . If australia drop out the audience goes down .

Shameful .

Sorry Craig....that is total bs. 

If that was the case.....England would still be in.

I have seen some shite before...that is up there with it.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 2:55 AM

alanti:

craigswan:

Shameful .

Sorry Craig....that is total bs. 

If that was the case.....England would still be in.

I have seen some shite before...that is up there with it.

Wouldn't most (if not all) of the semi-final tickets not already been sold well before the quarters were played?

Someone send Craig a roll of extra thick tin-foil.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:56 AM

alanti:
    .and it's not like it was the q/f in the football world cup

*LOL*

QF + World Cup + Football + Scotland is an equation I've never quite been able to grasp.....

craigswan:

Shameful .

Craig,

Get back to the Record hot-line, ya numpty.

• craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 7:39 AM

lol .

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 8:43 AM

I feel for Scotland because this was their best chance to reach the semis since 1991. Mind you I am glad that all of the Southern Hemisphere countries qualified for the semis. The six nations IMO doesn't come close to the rugby championship. England out in the pool stages, Ireland thrashed, France thrashed, Wales outclassed. Maybe the northern hemisphere countries should limit the amount of players they can buy for their competitions, At the moment I doubt if any one of these countries will beat one of our Super 15 teams.

RSS