Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 23 2015 2:52 PM (24 replies)
  • EJBarney
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 12:27 PM

You turned me fro amateur to pro an I get no more mulligans  but my putting sucks as a pro and your system continues to rob me of some good putts...Frankly, I've about had my fill of your game.... very dissatisfied golfer

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 9:16 PM

It just takes practice. The faster green speed means you have to allow for more break as the ball is moving more slowly.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 12:54 AM

You have been with WGT almost a year, don't belong to a CC and have exactly zero friends.  While none of this is a requirement, having a core group of friends and perhaps joining a busy CC would certainly open doors to more enjoyment and fun...and isn't that the ultimate goal of an interactive computer game?......getting better at the game will come as you continue to play and gain experience.....and perhaps upgrade your equipment from the starter kit....it will also help your game.

It's like anything in life, you get out what you put in.

ct

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:32 AM

also learn from others ask questions n remember write it down take notes if u want will help big time

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:36 AM

courteneyfish:

It just takes practice. The faster green speed means you have to allow for more break as the ball is moving more slowly.

Total contradiction. Faster greens means the ball moves faster.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:43 AM

EJBarney:
    You turned me fro amateur to pro an I get no more mulligans  but my putting sucks as a pro and your system continues to rob me of some good putts...Frankly, I've about had my fill of your game.... very dissatisfied golfer

L37 in just 1 year

Maybe a bit more game time and practice.

See Forums for help>>>>>>>>>>>

Some advice on my CCs website (via my page) will cover off some basics.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:48 AM

EJBarney:

Stop playing the blitz games and start playing Stroke games.. No wonder you are crap at putting if all you do is try and get nearest to the hole.....

Don't get me wrong... Blitz is great if you want to improve your approach shots but if you want to improve your putting then play a game where you HAVE to putt....

Join a club and start making some friends and play some MP games with them.. Thats the best way to get advice and maybe improve your game...

Mel

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:07 AM

EJBarney:
    ...Frankly, I've about had my fill of your game....

It is a universal crisis. That point in time. That same point that Prince Hamlet of Denmark faced when he asked " To be, or not to be ? " It sounds rhetorical but isn't. 

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:14 AM

WOW !!!

5 whole ranked rounds and still doesn't have the putting figured out.  Hard to believe, isn't it ? 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 7:25 AM

SweetiePie:

EJBarney:
    ...Frankly, I've about had my fill of your game....

It is a universal crisis. That point in time. That same point that Prince Hamlet of Denmark faced when he asked " To be, or not to be ? " It sounds rhetorical but isn't. 

LOL

And as Robert The Bruce famously mused when inspired by a spider, 'If at first you don't succeed - give up" :)

RSS