Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 23 2015 2:52 PM (24 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 4:41 PM

andyson:
    No Jim, Courteneyfish is right.  It takes longer for the same putt to get to the hole on Faster greens therefore the ball is moving slower on Faster greens.

Yes, you're both right but to a player new to the speeds they need to think fast and adjust the power of the hit accordingly-like slow it down. I think the actual speed of the ball and strength of the swing get easily confused when you don't expound on it.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 4:50 PM

who the hell uses a stop watch for this game?.....I can see why I am gonna stay a hack legend....sigh

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:04 PM

YankeeJim:
    but to a player new to the speeds they need to think fast and adjust the power of the hit accordingly-like slow it down. I think the actual speed of the ball and strength of the swing get easily confused when you don't expound on it.

That's why IMO using the numbers is better, no thinking involved, less confusion.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 5:16 AM

ct690911:

who the hell uses a stop watch for this game?.....I can see why I am gonna stay a hack legend....sigh

LMAO. Andyson will stop at nothing (nussing if you're Sgt. Schulz) to make something understandable.  :-D

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 2:52 PM

courteney, 

I understood what you said as I was actually trying to confirm it will a congruent post, but my response was because I saw another post, which maybe you didn't read, and it was replying to your suggestion.

So, yes, the main point is that when you move to a faster greenspeed, 'break will have more affect'.

YankeeJim:

courteneyfish:

It just takes practice. The faster green speed means you have to allow for more break as the ball is moving more slowly.

Total contradiction. Faster greens means the ball moves faster.

StoneColdKiller talks of the same idea On uphill putts you can be much more aggressive, and take more of the break out of the equation, to an appropriate extent of course. Credit to suncity28 who in my putter-slump days gave me this piece of advice for uphill benders; it instantly improved my %age of makes on uphill benders.

RSS