Forums

Help › Forums

Trial Pay Account Closure

Sat, Jan 2 2016 4:38 AM (112 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 2:39 PM

ISH47:

Still haven't reinstated me.. I don't even know how long it's been.. Maybe they're waiting for me to beg?  LOL

They're based in Athens, GA and the owner is an Auburn grad to boot. You need to begin all email correspondence with "War Eagle" or "Go Dawgs". I know it hurts, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do :-)

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:19 PM

Add wear kneepads.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:29 AM

Anyone else getting a blank screen for TrialPay? Just checking, because last night they had one that kept paying and paying. I dutifully watched it one at a time and for the full vid even though it paid after only 10 or 11 seconds. 

I hope this isn't what I think it is. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,894 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:37 AM

JimbeauC:
    last night they had one that kept paying and paying. I dutifully watched it one at a time and for the full vid even though it paid after only 10 or 11 seconds

Last month with the Community "issue", I abused it by watching 4 at a time. They shut me off then reinstated me. Last night I saw the one you're writing about and played it "1 at a time" (or 10 or 11 seconds as well). Remember, though, after the 10 seconds the message read "you have earned 8 credits".

I ended up with 3,100 credits....but they were HONEST credits.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:56 AM

JimbeauC:

Anyone else getting a blank screen for TrialPay? Just checking, because last night they had one that kept paying and paying. I dutifully watched it one at a time and for the full vid even though it paid after only 10 or 11 seconds. 

Unless you are on their watch list from past " video abuse" maybe it's just your browser??  I know I abused that 8 credit offer yesterday for 950 initial clicks and netted 7600 credits. The page was open this morning and I even got the everyday click and earn 40 credit offer.  We'll see what comes of my abuse yesterday, but hey- the way I look at is, if someone puts a sandwich on the table in front of you they must want you eating it.

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:57 AM

JimbeauC:

The General Market Targeting one that played over and over is not there this morning but there are others for me anyway.

Prior to yesterday you could watch it once a day, then it went to 5 for a couple of days, then it went to 60 allowable views on the 14th before saying the activity was completed. Yesterday as you noted the number appeared to be infinite.

My guess is that someone at Trial Pay forgot to put in the limit (at 5 allowable views or whatever) and they did not notice the error until they got to work this morning.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,894 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:50 AM

cdefghi:
    I abused that 8 credit offer yesterday for 950 initial clicks and netted 7600 credits.

How did you "abuse" the offer? Didn't you run them 1 at a time? Of course you did. Did you close it after 10 seconds? But wasn't there a message saying "you earned 8 points"? Yes there was! Sorry, no abuse.

PS I see some nice equipment upgrades in your future!

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 12:23 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    PS I see some nice equipment upgrades in your future!

Unfortunately I've got everything I need for equipment until lvl 100 and the Vapors ( if I live long enough to earn 250,000 xp's), but I do have a very, very happy prodigy that I'm trying to help along in her quest to tier up.  With an excess of credits only a greedy person would stash them and not share the good fortune.

I was previously put on  Trial Pay probation or suspension, or whatever you want to call it for " over doing" the Community vids, and kind of expected the same for yesterdays bilking. All but around 3000 credits of its gone but with the existing bank I had I'm still pretty set for awhile.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 1:23 PM

I sent a polite email request for clarification, with the below attached. 

They still haven't responded to the email, but I note that my Trial Pay page is no longer blank. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 4:44 PM

Huh? 

RSS