Forums

Help › Forums

Gimmie Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 25 2024 2:05 PM (4 replies)
  • Redraider092
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 10:47 AM

I get tired of playing against "Hacks" (some are even level 15 or above) who continue to take the 10 foot gimmie.  First of all, a 10 ft. gimmie is ridiculous because never in a real round of golf does anyone get such a long gimmie.  My suggestion for WGT is to add an option on the selection page that allows "Gimmies" or "No Gimmies" as an option in the one-on-one play.  For example, it would say "3-holes w/Gimmies" or 3-holes No Gimmies".

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 3:49 PM

Stop playing the hacks then..set the game up to play only pro or  higher..I would not play any player that is a hack..or under a certain level..or just play match play..in that game there is no way a player can take a Gimmie unless you give it to them

• Bobbylanka
    903 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 1:31 PM

I quite agree with your suggestion for Gimmes, I just finished a game with two hacks who had gimmes at 10'! How many new players on a course would consistently hole a 10ft putt or even an 8ft putt. When setting up a game the host should have the option to allow gimmes or not and also to set a distance if he / she allows gimmes. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 2:32 PM

You have to accept the gimme. Just decline it. Bob there are no 5 woods in this game, use a 3 hybird

• MarkShark57
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2024 2:05 PM

Thanks for this answer. I didn’t know I could set it for pro and above. Hello didn’t even know a hack could get a 10’ gimmee

RSS