Forums

Help › Forums

In honor of those who served...

Sat, Nov 14 2015 3:52 PM (25 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 7:08 AM

Some folks just aren't meant to be around others, let alone lead them. Personalities that clash, or expectations that aren't met, or promises that aren't kept, or self-serving hypocrisy, which is eventually revealed.. Inevitably, these people end up alone...indeed, a fitting end...A CC of one. What's more concerning is when a person is paid, trained and then expected to build a cohesive and loyal team...it's called "leadership".  Honed people skills are an important asset to a successful leader. The leader's goal is to earn respect by being a positive role model...exuding bravery, integrity, confidence and selflessness...rising above and effectively dealing with the immaturity, the petty conflicts; balancing the many egos...knowing when to provide empathy or a firm hand...becoming the lubricant for friction, not the source. Resolving tough issues vice creating them. To shirk this obligation is never the correct or honorable decision...  Never !

May God bless the troops and keep them safe.

ct 

CT Evans

Major (ret'd)

Cdn Armed Forces

• Luciano18
    317 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 9:57 AM

Well Said Sir and Thank You for your service

I hope we all Remember to take the time on Wednesday Nov 11 at 11AM 

Wear a Poppy and God Bless Our Veterans and Current Peacekeepers

Luciano

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:14 AM

I am a vet.  Served from 1969-1971 in the U.S. Army.  My name is on a veterans memorial wall here in the county.  I always buy a poppy every year without fail.

• Frankp1157
    635 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:17 AM

I dont know if its a Calif thing or if its across the nation but I saw a commercial about putting a GREEN LIGHT BULB out to let those who served SEE we have not forgotten them.

Frank

U.S. Air Force Sgt 1975-1979

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 1:00 PM

Frankp1157:

I dont know if its a Calif thing or if its across the nation but I saw a commercial about putting a GREEN LIGHT BULB out to let those who served SEE we have not forgotten them.

Frank

U.S. Air Force Sgt 1975-1979

A Walmart ad.  Thank you for your service.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 1:01 PM

I haven't heard of that Frank...but a yellow ribbon tied around a tree, for the safe return of soldiers, is fairly common...and also the wearing of red on Fridays...at least up here.

...ty for your service, also to you, Mathia...ty

ct

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2015 2:28 PM

Thank you for your service...

Extended, as well, to our foreign brothers-in-arms.

De Oppresso Liber

USASF (A)  (Ret.)

1977 - 2013

• Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2015 12:28 AM

The Flanders poppy has long been a part of Remembrance Day, the ritual that marks the Armistice of 11 November 1918, and is also increasingly being used as part of Anzac Day observances. During the First World War, red poppies were among the first plants to spring up in the devastated battlefields of northern France and Belgium. In soldiers' folklore, the vivid red of the poppy came from the blood of their comrades soaking the ground. The sight of poppies on the battlefield at Ypres in 1915 moved Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae to write the poem In Flanders fields (see The recitation). In English literature of the nineteenth century, poppies had symbolised sleep or a state of oblivion; in the literature of the First World War a new, more powerful symbolism was attached to the poppy – the sacrifice of shed blood.

Thank you to those who have served, those who perished while serving and those that are still serving in the forces so that I can have the freedom I have.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2015 1:14 AM

Great thread.  A huge debt we all owe.

RSS