Forums

Help › Forums

In honor of those who served...

Sat, Nov 14 2015 3:52 PM (25 replies)
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 2:45 AM

Howzit

It seems to me that there far too few people who actually sit back and think about what every single member of the military has done in signing up to fight tyranny.

In effect, each and every person who signed up, who had a mother and father, brother and/or sister, wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, son and/or daughter did the following:

I hereby issue a cheque to the Government Of ___ for an amount up to and including my life.

Very few people seem to recognise this simple fact.

Brave men and women sign up every day to serve their respective countries. Coffins and wounded warriors are returned home, yet N.O.B.O.D.Y. seems to realise the simple fact that they had the bravery to write that cheque.

We all need to realise that those who stand up for freedom, who have faced the horrors of war so that we can have a latte at the corner cafe, should be honoured, cared for, and loved.

/out

• amateur4sure
    2,233 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:09 AM

Well said Everybody... My Heart goes out!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 11:00 AM

I did my time from 1969-1971 in the US Army.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 11:45 AM

jb6000:

I posted as did a few others but our post's got deleted ?

Not fair admin... 

Mine was deleted also.

Well ... Just saying That 1st WW was made for nothing, tht's evidence for historians.

The proof is it's called the 1st  WW what means there others behind and it's not for that our ancestors accept to die.

They accept to die for the last, end up and whether war be cursed forever.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 3:09 PM

May I ask how long you served Al?

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 3:52 PM

WW1 was said  to be the war to end all wars.  Didn't look look like it.

RSS