Paris. Dayum.

Wed, Nov 18 2015 4:10 PM (39 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:22 AM

DodgyPutter:

Jimbog1964:

Golf site I know but shocked.  

News just in that London Gatwick has been partially evacuated.................

Really tragic events in Paris.

Gatwick was a fire alarm in Nando's.

A Frenchman was arrested for carrying a firearm at Gatwick. Controlled explosion of package.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:52 AM

courteneyfish:

A Frenchman was arrested for carrying a firearm at Gatwick. Controlled explosion of package.

Frenchmen do not fight Englishmen since Waterloo (reciprocaly what is not true) may be are you talking about a guy who have a French passport as well he could have a British, Belgium or US one ?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 10:20 AM

alberich35:

courteneyfish:

Frenchmen do not fight Englishmen since Waterloo (reciprocaly what is not true) may be are you talking about a guy who have a French passport as well he could have a British, Belgium or US one ?

Didn't even need them.  Honestly, once Europe opened its borders so quickly to Syrian refugees, this was more an if than a when.  And although I tend to speak ill of the French, this problem is as bad as it is because of Merkel.  The Greeks and the Germans are almost solely to blame for this disaster.

• tp7607
    18 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 10:44 AM

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 10:48 AM

My recently departed father in law (wall post ) served in the SAS and was sent to take the terrorist stronghold in the mountains known as the jebel Akhdar in the 1950s

He was told, get in (with great difficulty but done), do what intelligence tell you, and get out

Anyone there was a terrorist, they had to believe that, if approached by woman with child then possibly underneath baby blanket was a gun/knife.........now its a bomb, as i said suicide terrorism is a nightmare.

This has gone on long enough, it aint new.

Thoughts still for all families.

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 12:13 PM

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 1:15 PM

StrayedFairway:

+1,000,000

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 4:42 PM

Hi Friends, obviously we are all feeling a lot of things after yesterday's events. My heart goes out to the people of France and everyone affected. 

Please be civil with one another in here, we all have our very own opinions about world news and politics, we don't allow these kinds of topics in our posting guidelines, but I'm not crazy and I understand that when we're talking about a tragedy everyone has an opinion and something to say in regards to these types of situations.

Not everyone will see eye to eye on wherever this thread goes, we will be keeping an eye out and trying to make sure it doesn't get too crazy in here and will do our best to make sure the thread stays within our guidelines.

Talk to one another, support one another, and realize that everyone has a view that is their own and while you do not have to agree with the other person, you do need to respect one another.

Viva La France,

_CHAMPION

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 5:19 PM

Not only does the World need to be strong , But we here in WGT land have to also .

We may not see eye to eye in the forums or on the course , But right now we need to stand together .

OPY

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 5:50 PM

MichaelStroke:

alberich35:

courteneyfish:

Didn't even need them.  Honestly, once Europe opened its borders so quickly to Syrian refugees, this was more an if than a when.  And although I tend to speak ill of the French, this problem is as bad as it is because of Merkel.  The Greeks and the Germans are almost solely to blame for this disaster.

Michael 

Europe did not open the borders, greece has more islands than they can patrol.

Germans have a historical problem they want to get rid of, that is why they do as they do !

Now all of Europe has a problem , if 1 % are isis terrorists in the future .

99% are still desperate people that Europe should and will help.

The rest will be delt with when time comes !

Isis pissed of the Russian bear , they should be very worried about that !

Peace and love all.

RSS