Forums

Help › Forums

Paris. Dayum.

Wed, Nov 18 2015 4:10 PM (39 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 6:15 PM

siggipj76:
    Isis pissed of the Russian bear , they should be very worried about that !

Peace and love all.

That's what I was hoping for.  When the Russian plane was bombed down, I thought it to be sort of a blessing in disguise, because it would spur Putin to do what Obama doesn't have the stones to do.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 7:27 AM

I migrated from the UK to Aussie (both passports now).

When I did the move I had to fill in all sorts of forms including one confirming that I understood spitting on the street is not preferred in Australia.

I also had to have police checks both sides, have full medicals including an HIV test, produce birth certificates back to and including grandparents both sides, and produce my army honourable discharge.  The Company I was working for had to also fill in forms, and sponsor my temporary 4 year long stay business visa.  OH and ZERO access to benefits of any kind for four year I think.  Fail on anything and no home in Aussie........After 2 years ish (thinking back hard now) I was able to apply for citizenship and get both passports for all (UK / Aussie).

The ONLY thing I ever had an issue with is that I had to have the balls chopped off my pure bred black labrador for him to join me.  Maybe I could have looked harder, but his genes not being spread I considered criminal.  I could have pimped him out here v easily, and made some money too whilst he smiled, LOL.  I never bought him for money though:)

Joking apart I never had a problem with any of that, and I consider that properly controlling immigration.  Differently I do not have a problem with offering asylum, but uncontrolled immigration is a recipe for hotbeds of radicalisation at best.  

Dubya was not that bright and Blair just said yes without insisting on some end game.  I doubt though it did more than expedite to a head what was coming long time from a basket case region.   Conjecture, but could well be that the Bear and the Eagle unite (story there in itself) to do something in the region, and elsewhere it's onside and helping in an overt way from every good citizen, and if not why not and solve it.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 9:21 AM

You post from Guernesey which is a Crown dependency, not a part of United Kingdown. You are not a state and not a citizen but a property.

Necessarily is legally more complicated because you no dont  longer exist as human being -who cant be a property- and want to emigrate to Australia which have Elizabeth II as Queen. ^^
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 9:25 AM

I post from Aussie, and come from England, LOL

It was also my experience.  Fine with all of it, and nothing against Queenie either.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 10:49 AM

I just hope the president of France declaration of war on isis is more sincere than the one the president of Jordan made after they posted the horrific video of burning their pilot  alive....it is obvious our president isn't going to do anything other than draw lines in the sand, he should be out of sand and about knee deep in the water right now.

I have a dear friend who is Palastinian, lived most of his life in the US, got a Masters degree here, owned many stores and did very well....he told me during the 1st Gulf war that as evil as Sadaam is, if they remove him from power the entire Middle East would be bedlam....sadly 1 man knew what the worldwide intelligence agencies combined either didn't know, or didn't believe possible.....

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2015 2:37 PM

fatdan:

I just hope the president of France declaration of war on isis is more sincere than the one the president of Jordan made after they posted the horrific video of burning their pilot  alive....it is obvious our president isn't going to do anything other than draw lines in the sand, he should be out of sand and about knee deep in the water right now.

I have a dear friend who is Palastinian, lived most of his life in the US, got a Masters degree here, owned many stores and did very well....he told me during the 1st Gulf war that as evil as Sadaam is, if they remove him from power the entire Middle East would be bedlam....sadly 1 man knew what the worldwide intelligence agencies combined either didn't know, or didn't believe possible.....

I saw that coming too, and I think a lot of others did too.  Here are the two main problems with America:

1) Our chief export is our morality.  Somewhere along the way, our leaders thought that our way of life is superior to yours, and you must live our way.  Lots of atrocities are being carried on around the world but, frankly, it's not my business - nor is it America's.

2) We have no foresight.  We can develop a war plan, execute it, and win like no other force throughout history since the Roman Empire.  We just don't know what happens next, and we're too arrogant to consider feasible scenarios.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 6:44 AM

fatdan:

I just hope the president of France declaration of war on isis is more sincere  ...

Of course it is, as response French Army drop 20 bombs, using for that alls our warplanes in this region (12 warplanes), We dont dont kown what kind ob bombs were dropped (not atomic, thats sure, probably some 250 kg Paveway)

But things will move, our only one aircarft carrier is going to ... is going to move and nearly we can drop at least 60 bombs each day..

So if you have to pray for France, better is to pray for "Charles de Gaulle" carrier, because if it sink we havent a spare one.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 7:41 AM

"So if you have to pray for France, better is to pray for "Charles de Gaulle" carrier, because if it sink we havent a spare one."

...The Americans will lend you one...according to google, they currently have 11 carrier strike groups...more than the rest of the world, combined.

...we Canucks can throw in a couple of dinghys and some spear chuckers....and whatever else we can rent.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:48 AM

ct690911:

...The Americans will lend you one...according to google, they currently have 11 carrier strike groups...more than the rest of the world, combined.

Yes yes, but we have not enough marines warplanes and pilots for use it.

ct690911:
    we Canucks can throw in a couple of dinghys and some spear chuckers....and whatever else we can rent

May be we can manage that :)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:06 AM

alberich35:

Of course it is, as response French Army drop 20 bombs, using for that alls our warplanes in this region (12 warplanes), We dont dont kown what kind ob bombs were dropped (not atomic, thats sure, probably some 250 kg Paveway)

But things will move, our only one aircarft carrier is going to ... is going to move and nearly we can drop at least 60 bombs each day..

Believe me I keep a very close eye on the news and have been staying abreast of the bombings...hopefully you didn't take that post as an attempt to question the capabilities of the French armed forces as it wasn't, I am hoping the resolve of the French president to get these scumbags is stronger than Jordans was, 2 weeks won't accomplish anything! I like people, but I do have trust issues with most governments LOL!

RSS