Forums

Help › Forums

HAD ENOUGH

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 21 2015 7:18 AM (26 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 8:50 AM

Go free then.  You can easily play this game for free.

I haven't spent a dime out of pocket and I get along very well.  Now, WGT has seen money because of the credit walls, but since I didn't actually open up my wallet, I consider it free.

Hell, I've actually been paid to play this game.  Game's not perfect, but I'm more than satisfied overall.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 8:57 AM

pdb1:
    alosso:
    Furthermore, me thinks that MP games should only be played for fun, nothing else. Not for average, not for CDP, not for XPs

I am hoping that you are referring to alternate shot matches only . Which already don't count . And are excellent social events to just play and chat and have a good time with friends or new friends . They don't count and should not count . 

But multi player Stroke play matches are hard core .

Hope I didn't cut off too much, but I include MP stroke in my above thought. They may be tough, at least they provide distraction (like any real golf tourney). They may be good fun and a splendid test, and of course they count when finished.

Who ever seeks fun and a testing game is at the right place there. But, to better the average, to get the CDP or to collect XPs, he should better play alone. No distraction, no long playing time and almost no discons - much better conditions for these goals. And, watching the amassed complaints here about discons and lost passes etc, the risk is quite high.

Separate the goals and the only risk of an MP is to get the fun spoiled or interrupted. This we can fix with a new game with our friends without worries!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:06 AM

pdb1:

MichaelStroke:

Go free then.  You can easily play this game for free.

I haven't spent a dime out of pocket and I get along very well.  Now, WGT has seen money because of the credit walls, but since I didn't actually open up my wallet, I consider it free.

Hell, I've actually been paid to play this game.  Game's not perfect, but I'm more than satisfied overall.

Look . I congratulate you for having what it takes , being able to play the system to cover your balls and equipment . And I do not doubt you and a few select others that have managed this very cool feat .  But it is much easier said than done . 

The attempts for the free credits didn't buy much , more frustrating than it is worth . 

Not good enough to win any credits . And never will be . Have had to spend hard cold cash for every piece of equipment and ball I choose to play with . I suspect I am not alone . In fact probably a majority of WGTers are in the same position . 

I have spent well over $ 2500.00 in balls alone ( conservative estimate ) . God only knows how much totaling everything else . 

Not complaining ( unless you tell my family ) but it is unrealistic to suggest that we can play free .

It actually isn't, if you sacrifice.  For me, it was because I've upgraded clubs twice in my life.  I used all starter gear (with balls that cost 44 credits a sleeve) until the mid-60s, got a very cheap upgrade that got me to lvl 90, at which point I upgraded to pretty much mostly endgame material (top R11 irons, SLDR driver, a 3W that most top players still use, top wedges in the game).  So I dropped money for two upgrades.  That doesn't come out to much.  Now if you're someone who needs a new club the second it comes out, even though you'll replace it in a month, then yeah - I agree that you'll blow through some money.

In addition, I don't use expensive balls.  Now, if I was using Nikes, I might have to go your route and pay out of pocket.  It's just a matter of sacrifice and living within means on the game.  However, I think you'll see that I'm really not all that rare.  There are more people who have never spent a dime than you probably realize.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:24 AM

Same here.  I figure that I can have 2 of the following 3 things: a girlfriend, a mortgage, and lvl 90 Nike balls.  I can't afford 3.

I can give up an extra 8-10 yards on my drives.  I can't give up a roof over my head, and I damn sure can't give up getting laid.

• amateur4sure
    2,233 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:39 AM

Bump

RSS