Forums

Help › Forums

Master CANT beat a Legend in match play

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:46 PM (131 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 5:18 PM

Aaron .. you won 6 up in an 18 hole game ??? Heck.. even I can do better against you .. and I suck !!!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 6:42 PM

Removed by poster

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:43 PM

Well after signing up to play against jordansteeelers only to find out I was really playing bigcountry1966. This is a total joke WGT I  want my 200 creds back!!!!!!

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:54 PM

Yeah, thats def. pretty shady 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 10:12 PM

gocubs1238:

Again stats mean nothing because me and my brother use this account so shut your mouth. I don't play for credits but I would be glad to destroy you anytime.

I guess your brother is the brainy one?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 1:01 AM

lvietri:

Roger -- to answer your question ... not sure I would call it bashing, but what gets the Legends going is TM's who have the ability to make Legend but choose not to so they can take advantage of the forward tees with the same equipment.   I've played lots of good players, who are also nice people, who tell me they will purposely not shoot low and will never try to make Legend because they don't want to play from the back tees.   Other guys like Richard and others I can name try their best every time ... these TM's I respect. 

So trust me .. no disrespect intended by my post .. not condemning the people .. just the system that won't include Match Play records in their Tier Ranking formulas.    

Peace

No Probs... I'm getting close to promotion, .22 to go. Have to shoot 30's now and really going hard at getting them, which i can do, but game has been biting me lately.  I've also noticed the lower your Ave. is, your shots aren't forgiving as it used to be. Practice makes perfect. Perfect example yesterday 18hole Andy R/G.. -5 on the front....even on the back, was I fuming...lol.

cheers

Roger

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:22 AM

I couldn't agree with you more Mr. Mantis. It does seem the shots are less forgiving. I keep pulling out my hair, wondering why the putts just aren't dropping for me anymore. Could be that I just ain't hittin em right lol

Me personally, I can't wait for the promotion. Not so much for the title but for the sense of accomplishment. I've played 1 or 2 RG's, never played a  credit based MP, having $ on the line simply destroys my game. It's entertainment as far as I'm concerned & I will continue to enjoy it, as well as the friendships made until I have no more hair to pull out lol

Happy Hitting 

• donaldjack
    3 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 11:21 AM

LouisLewis:

A Legend tier player accepted my invite to a challenge Match on the back 9 at Oakmont. I (master) had the Legend, dormie 4 teeing off on 15. I said to myself "just watch...he will win the next 4". Sure enough, I couldnt buy a shot for the next 3 holes. Shanking shot after shot , and miraculously, the Legend (who had been playing like ass until the 15th tee), began to play lights out.  He birdied 15-16-17 easily.

Then came 18. Both players on the green with makeable birdie putts. Legend slides his birdie putt a cat hair right of the cup and rolls 2 feet past. I somehow miss my 9 footer 4 feet wide. Legend makes his par from 2 feet (and sends the instant message "gg, ty") I still have 4 FEET!!. I have a 4 footer with not much break and 1 inch uphill to win the match. Striped it. Putt stops on the lip of the cup. FML.

I just KNOW something wasnt right at that point. How did my game go in the toilet and my opponets game suddenly become close to perfect??

On to extra holes...4 of them. Shot for shot, my opponent and I are dead even. Both playing SOLID golf. Finally, on 13, my opponent winds up in the greenside bunker, while my ball is resting comfortably on the massive 13th green, with great birdie possiblity. Door is wide open for me to finish him off. And then...... Legend opponent blasts out of the bunker and stops 6 inches from the hole. Shot of the day.

You can probably guess what happens next.  3 putts from inside 10 feet for me. Match over. Credits lost.

I call SHENNANIGANIS wgt!!.... I will no longer  spend  $ on this game. Its rigged. Thanks for letting me rant.

L.L.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:48 PM

Been gone for a few days and read this entire thread.  Just wondering why Mr. cocky, hothead, immature, beg-for-clubs Mr. GoCubs never returned after his a** whooping to say he was wrong and apologize to the rest of us for such loudmouth bragging???

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 8:17 PM

You're right DMM, also someone should've taught that youngster, "Pride goes before a fall".

RSS