Forums

Help › Forums

Master CANT beat a Legend in match play

Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:46 PM (131 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:21 PM

LouisLewis:

A Legend tier player accepted my invite to a challenge Match on the back 9 at Oakmont. I (master) had the Legend, dormie 4 teeing off on 15. I said to myself "just watch...he will win the next 4". Sure enough, I couldnt buy a shot for the next 3 holes. Shanking shot after shot , and miraculously, the Legend (who had been playing like ass until the 15th tee), began to play lights out.  He birdied 15-16-17 easily.

Then came 18. Both players on the green with makeable birdie putts. Legend slides his birdie putt a cat hair right of the cup and rolls 2 feet past. I somehow miss my 9 footer 4 feet wide. Legend makes his par from 2 feet (and sends the instant message "gg, ty") I still have 4 FEET!!. I have a 4 footer with not much break and 1 inch uphill to win the match. Striped it. Putt stops on the lip of the cup. FML.

I just KNOW something wasnt right at that point. How did my game go in the toilet and my opponets game suddenly become close to perfect??

On to extra holes...4 of them. Shot for shot, my opponent and I are dead even. Both playing SOLID golf. Finally, on 13, my opponent winds up in the greenside bunker, while my ball is resting comfortably on the massive 13th green, with great birdie possiblity. Door is wide open for me to finish him off. And then...... Legend opponent blasts out of the bunker and stops 6 inches from the hole. Shot of the day.

You can probably guess what happens next.  3 putts from inside 10 feet for me. Match over. Credits lost.

I call SHENNANIGANIS wgt!!.... I will no longer  spend  $ on this game. Its rigged. Thanks for letting me rant.

L.L.

I've been in that position many a time, playing maybe my first round of the day, slicing every shot, then 4 holes in i wake up, my game clicks, then i come from 3/4 down to beat my opponent with ease, and he's left thinking what the fu@k?????

A good legend will beat master most of the time whatever and wherever they play.

People will always have a rant and a moan when they loose credits and blame WGT!!!! (probably done it myself before now)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 3:20 PM

I agree 100%, Chris

I think the advantages that good (and better) legends have are shot placement and putting skills.

In the few MP's I've had with Legends I noticed that the approach shots were not always 5 feet away...but many, many in the 12-15 feet area...and the putts were pretty straight in...me, I;d be 5 feet away from the hole, lots of break and choke the putt.

• hognutz
    127 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:46 PM

just my 2 cents but anyway:  jordansteelers happens to be a friend of mine on here and what has happened to his account is wrong because jordansteelers was playing under bigcountry1966 (his dads account) and wgt became aware of this and closed that account no longer able to log on closed and now they close this 1 also he has been punished already by losing the account the most money was spent on that money is now free to wgt why would you now close his current account just because he played someone on his real account i dont think thats rite but again just my 2 cents worth thank you and have just a wondrful day

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 5:24 PM

So let me understand this.   He was playing under 2 accounts at the same time ... Bigcountry1966 and Jordansteelers ... so WGT cancelled them.    Am I missing something or is this not is a classic example of a multi account player.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 6:13 PM

My name is Earl and karma is a bi#ch. Does this also mean I get my 200 credits back?

• doctortom
    563 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 12:42 AM

Edited: What Hognutz said above ^^

Didn't realise they'd shut them both down

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 1:34 AM

Both accounts were not closed at the same time. BigCountry1966 was closed down a few weeks ago. WGT were perfectly happy to allow Jordansteelers to continue to play, hence JBenny came up against him in a MPC.

I have every sympathy for JBenny. Had he known that Jordansteelers was originally BigCountry1966, there is every chance he wouldn't have taken on the challenge.

If you are able to look at the score history of Jordansteelers, there are less than 10 rounds dating from June last year up to the point they closed BigCountry1966. WGT however decided to shaft the player by closing BC1966 because that was the account with a significant amount of credits. Had they simply closed Jordansteelers this situation wouldn't have arisen.

• doctortom
    563 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:27 AM

I got the impression that BC1966 was closed not for multi-account reasons but because they classed it as a shared account, which is also against the rules? Jordansteelers wasn't shared and because he was playing 99% of the time as BC1966 they didn't close Jordansteelers too, possibly because they never made the connection between the two at the time or possibly for another reason we don't know.

If they didnt know then it makes sense to now shut it down once the connection was made that they are 1 and the same BUT if they did know and permitted him to play on then it seems a strange decision to now shut him down having essentially verified he was ok to play on.

Not wanting to get involved in my personal thoughts of said player here but based purely on WGTs rules it seems like both accounts should have been closed on multi-account reasons but the process of doing so seems a bit muddled to me. I can personally see a slight argument that he wasn't using both accounts at the same time but WGTs rules seems pretty clear that OWNING two accounts is not allowed, whether you use them or not.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:39 AM

doctortom:

based purely on WGTs rules it seems like both accounts should have been closed on multi-account reasons but the process of doing so seems a bit muddled to me.

I would have thought that would have been the course of action taken too.

• hognutz
    127 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 2:50 AM

bigcountry was a shared account but not jordansteelers he picked up his dads account because his dad had stopped playing a good while back jordansteelers is his account he had be4 his dads thats y u see no games played for a while is because big country was being used and yes karma is its all about what goes around comes around  just my 3 cents

RSS