Forums

Help › Forums

BRING BACK CHAMPIONSHIP GREENS

Sun, Apr 10 2011 11:36 AM (67 replies)
  • viticult
    35 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 3:07 PM

I agree its out of whack when a "hack" can have a 100 yard shorter approach shot because he has the same equipment as the tourmaster.  Certain equipment should be unlocked based on tier, not "level".  

AND

i dont think you should be promoted to the next tier until you're tour winnings for that tier reach a certain number of credits, say 300 for a tour pro.  Also, any (non-club) tournament win would automatically bump you up.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 5:51 PM

I think what happened is WGT created a great game that was hard at first. They miss read the players thinking they would want easier games:IE; clubs and balls almost anybody can have. Now they got a bunch of people who can shoot a 29 all the time. How real is that? It's going to be hard now to go back to making it real hard to shoot a 31. I think what is going to happen is people who have payed their dues are going to loose interest if they don't change the game. We can all kick butt on other online golf games but you don't hear anybody bragging about it in these forums, It's just to easy. We want a challenge I hope they give us one.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:11 PM

maybe the green speed is not the question but rather from where they tee off?

• rubber23456789
    5 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:04 PM

I think its *** that a master or higher level player gets the better equipment IE longer driver, 3 wood, im a tour pro and have played a thousand games. Its only fair that a lwr level player gets shorter tees. You get to hit a pw or 9 iron on par 4s while a beginner has to hit a 3 iron or 3 wood. How long should someone have to play this game on the same 4 lousy courses before they can enjoy all the courses you get to play. To be honest i am getting completly sick of this game, you want everyone to spend 500 bucks before they get the same advantages as you. I have a wii and an xbox think im going to play video golf there.

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:52 PM

simple then rubber BYE BYE

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 12:03 AM

TarheelsRule:

I agree with some of what Jessica said.  I do take exception to some par 4's that you hit a wedge into versus some that you hit a long iron into.  That is just an example of a normal golf course, some reward shots on short par 4's and some difficult ones.  You don't want to have all 10 par four holes being 455 yards, variety makes the course fun.

The biggest issue that she addresses is the ability of lower level players in terms of tiers having the same clubs available to them as higher tier players.  I play with all levels of players, if I get a game with 3 masters who have the same equipment that I have and averages that are almost identical to mine, they have a huge advantage, in the cases of some holes almost 100 yards, while they can bomb out a 285 yard tee shot just like me.  I realize that as in real golf you can buy whatever you want if you have the money but in this case we aren't on the same tees.

I don't have that much of an issue with winds on St Andrews but you don't get that heavy of a wind on Oakmont or BPB, even at Kiawah you rarely see winds more than 15 mph and those courses aren't meant to play into that heavy winds, at St Andrews the wind is most of the protection for the course, Oakmont doesn't need any protection.

I would suggest that Master tees are 180-230 par 3's 450-480 for par 4's 550-600 par 5's
    I would suggest that Legend tees are 200-250 par 3's 460-500 for par 4's 550-650 par 5's

If players were hitting med-low irons into the greens, i bet there would be a massive drop in birdies and a general rise in players avgs as the sub 30/60 rounds would be a rarity

I just wish they would drop the winds abit as 30mph front or back is a massive swing and  can make as much as 100 yards difference off the tee and can be a massive difference in touraments,

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:44 AM

BacardiAndCoke:
    I would suggest that Master tees are 180-230 par 3's 450-480 for par 4's 550-600 par 5's
    I would suggest that Legend tees are 200-250 par 3's 460-500 for par 4's 550-650 par 5's

They all ready are....there's even a 525 par 4 and a 278 par 3 for legends

And a reply to Sion O'Brien, if someone is a master on a low level at the moment and hasn't acces to 270 yard driver, but he's playing in the free tournament against a master who is high enough level to own the R9 Tri, then the guy with the tri is going to have more of a chance than the person with 247 yard rapture..so it concerns free tourneys not just ready go's

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:26 AM

chrisironsbones:

BacardiAndCoke:

They all ready are....there's even a 525 par 4 and a 278 par 3 for legends

But generally there not thought are they most of them are alot shorter i honestly believe thats the main reason behind scoring so low

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:49 AM

only st andrews par 4s are a bit shorter, but they are EVEN shorter for masters etc etc

The other courses are mostly very long (except the odd short one at oakmont which is a welcome releif)

Wait untill you reach legend status before telling WGT they need to lenghthen our courses, then you'll see where i'm coming from....

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2011 3:30 AM

For Masters there are any number of par 4's at St Andrews that are drivable, and the par 5's are routinely reachable in 2.

RSS