Forums

Help › Forums

For those wanting to move to Canada

Wed, Nov 30 2016 8:06 AM (58 replies)
  • myoosik5081
    10 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 10:15 AM

PUHLEASE- I play WGT to get away from all the drama of this last few days... can't we stay out of the politics at least on a game site? And I refer to all opinions on the election results, both happy and sad. Just tired of the whole subject, it is unavoidable and tiresome in many ways.

• why9
    907 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 10:16 AM

SlicedPepper:
    The people wanting to leave the US because of the election results aren't exactly what you could call desirable. 

i will not so quietly take offense to your statement,  and add God bless America for only here can a bigoted sexist con man be elected  president by less then a majority of its citizens .

With my gut reaction originally suggesting i should go to the Netherlands. Ive quickly come to the realization that our choice of leader shall effect the entire free world , With a man like this commanding the us military  and with four minutes or less and and no questions  standing between his word   and nuclear weapons being in the air no place on our planet is safe . so i must stay and bear witness to the imminent decline of the our great nation  and participate in the rebuilding assuming we still stand afterwards .   may god have mercy on our souls

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 11:21 AM

why9:

i will not so quietly take offense to your statement,  and add God bless America for only here can a bigoted sexist con man be elected  president by less then a majority of its citizens .

The Donald is most likely the most "antiwar" republican candidate ever! So stop with all the "nuclear disaster" scenarios!

Secondly for those making plans to evacuate to the Netherlands, I would reconsider....while their welfare system is considered to be the most generous money wise, overall it ranks 7th, far behind 1) Estonia, 2) France, 3) Germany, 4) Ireland, 5) Italy...

Canada has pros and cons, while Canada has a great Welfare system, you will have to make cuts in your lavish lifestyle due to a big cut in income, however, on the bright side they have 11% unemployment so the chances of not having to work are absolutely great!

Speaking of being relevant, when I heard "Cher" was threatening to leave the planet if he won I was totally shocked, I actually thought she was "dead",

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 11:29 AM

Nicola Sturgeon refuses to accept result of England vs Scotland match

Nicola Sturgeon, England v Scotland, rematch

Nicola Sturgeon believes the result of the England vs Scotland game yesterday was ‘wrong’ and will fight for it to be overturned.

The 3-0 defeat was the wrong result for Scotland, she said, and pledged to do everything in her power to reverse the scoreline no matter how long it takes.

Reports indicate she has already made a succession of calls to Senior UEFA and FIFA officials to seek their support in changing the outcome.

If she cannot get the result changed by conventional methods, Sturgeon confirmed she has not taken demanding a replay off the table.

“I don’t believe this result is in the best interest of Scotland, or of football, and it is clear that changing it would be entirely fair,” she told reporters at Holyrood.

“UEFA’s position that the result is binding just because we lost is short-termist and doesn’t serve the Scottish people in the way they deserve.”

Sturgeon went on to say she believed England had stolen literally dozens of goals that were rightfully Scottish, and she would organise a wide-ranging consultation and enquiry to examine all aspects of the result and report on how it can best be changed in Scotland’s favour.

Meanwhile, today’s copy of The National newspaper is reporting that Scotland won 18-0 before burning Wembley to the ground.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 11:46 AM

myoosik5081:

PUHLEASE- I play WGT to get away from all the drama of this last few days... can't we stay out of the politics at least on a game site? And I refer to all opinions on the election results, both happy and sad. Just tired of the whole subject, it is unavoidable and tiresome in many ways.

Drama of the last few days?...your election process took 18 months. 24/7 news cycles. My cable bill is $200 per month and all that's on every channel is this stuff. Wanna defeat ISIS?...feed them a steady diet of CNN. Suicide rates will ^.

This thread started out as a self deprecating look at what is considered "High Crime" in Canada.

Have some waffles with genuine Canadian maple syrup...you will feel better.:)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:02 PM

Look over there at the posting guidelines ------>

"POLITICS OR POLITICAL TOPICS

Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be:

• directly discussing, or alluding to politics, past or present

• directly discussing, or alluding to political events, past or present

WGT has a zero tolerance policy for the topic of politics on the forum"

There are plenty of places on the internet for everyone to post political opinions. The WGT forum is not one of them. The moderators have shut down these threads before and I'm sure they will not hesitate to do so again. If people keep trying to bring politics up here I would not be surprised to see them start suspending accounts.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:15 PM

srellim234:

Look over there at the posting guidelines ------>

"POLITICS OR POLITICAL TOPICS

Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be:

• directly discussing, or alluding to politics, past or present

• directly discussing, or alluding to political events, past or present

WGT has a zero tolerance policy for the topic of politics on the forum"

There are plenty of places on the internet for everyone to post political opinions. The WGT forum is not one of them. The moderators have shut down these threads before and I'm sure they will not hesitate to do so again. If people keep trying to bring politics up here I would not be surprised to see them start suspending accounts.

True ^^^. But there are only a few places I can post about a maple syrup heist. They actually referred to the ringleader as a "mastermind"...lmao

ps: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Mods were amongst those looking for Visas. Just sayin'.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:54 PM

craigswan:

Nicola Sturgeon believes the result of the England vs Scotland game yesterday was ‘wrong’ and will fight for it to be overturned.

The 3-0 defeat was the wrong result for Scotland, she said, and pledged to do everything in her power to reverse the scoreline no matter how long it takes.

Reports indicate she has already made a succession of calls to Senior UEFA and FIFA officials to seek their support in changing the outcome.

If she cannot get the result changed by conventional methods, Sturgeon confirmed she has not taken demanding a replay off the table.

“I don’t believe this result is in the best interest of Scotland, or of football, and it is clear that changing it would be entirely fair,” she told reporters at Holyrood.

“UEFA’s position that the result is binding just because we lost is short-termist and doesn’t serve the Scottish people in the way they deserve.”

Sturgeon went on to say she believed England had stolen literally dozens of goals that were rightfully Scottish, and she would organise a wide-ranging consultation and enquiry to examine all aspects of the result and report on how it can best be changed in Scotland’s favour.

Meanwhile, today’s copy of The National newspaper is reporting that Scotland won 18-0 before burning Wembley to the ground.

sorry just wet myself laughing

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 8:10 PM

ct690911:

...... But there are only a few places I can post about a maple syrup heist. They actually referred to the ringleader as a "mastermind"...lmao

ps: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Mods were amongst those looking for Visas. Just sayin'.

I enjoyed the maple syrup story, ct. I object to the others around here who are trying to inject politics into every discussion. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 11:43 PM

craigswan:

OMG...that is just brilliant!!

@ the OP - his post was far removed from politics.....so in that vain the only Canadian girlfriend I ever had showed be 101 uses for maple syrup  - I had no idea it was actually made for eating! I thought....wait....sex is an off topic subject too.....

RSS