Forums

Help › Forums

For those wanting to move to Canada

Wed, Nov 30 2016 8:06 AM (58 replies)
  • SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 12:22 AM

fatdan:
    The Donald is most likely the most "antiwar" republican candidate ever! So stop with all the "nuclear disaster" scenarios

Unlike the leftwing nut jobs out there.

Hey the election didn't go our way. I have an idea, lets go tear up the country.

This from the so called peace loving, can't we all just get along liberals.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:20 AM

craigswan:
    Meanwhile, today’s copy of The National newspaper is reporting that Scotland won 18-0 before burning Wembley to the ground.

We haven't done that for about 40years, the latter that is, and even then burning to the ground is a bit of an exaggeration :-)

If the quality of opinion is quoting News Thump, a spotty 14yo typing away in his Granny's attic:

"Nigel Farage has spent the day in the Heathrow Airport holding cells as officials quiz him on a mysterious, smelly brown substance found on his nose.

The UKIP interim leader had flown back into the country after spending much of the weekend cosying up to fellow man of the people, President-elect Donald Trump, in a Manhattan penthouse apartment painted gold."

I do wish his teacher could get him to at least read through his work, a gold painted Manhatten penthouse would be better.  Unless it was Nige that was painted gold....

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 5:45 AM

craigswan:

Nicola Sturgeon refuses to accept result of England vs Scotland match

Nicola Sturgeon, England v Scotland, rematch

Nicola Sturgeon believes the result of the England vs Scotland game yesterday was ‘wrong’ and will fight for it to be overturned.

The 3-0 defeat was the wrong result for Scotland, she said, and pledged to do everything in her power to reverse the scoreline no matter how long it takes.

Reports indicate she has already made a succession of calls to Senior UEFA and FIFA officials to seek their support in changing the outcome.

If she cannot get the result changed by conventional methods, Sturgeon confirmed she has not taken demanding a replay off the table.

“I don’t believe this result is in the best interest of Scotland, or of football, and it is clear that changing it would be entirely fair,” she told reporters at Holyrood.

“UEFA’s position that the result is binding just because we lost is short-termist and doesn’t serve the Scottish people in the way they deserve.”

Sturgeon went on to say she believed England had stolen literally dozens of goals that were rightfully Scottish, and she would organise a wide-ranging consultation and enquiry to examine all aspects of the result and report on how it can best be changed in Scotland’s favour.

Meanwhile, today’s copy of The National newspaper is reporting that Scotland won 18-0 before burning Wembley to the ground.

Craig, if  the above is your own words then, as stated previously by others, it is indeed brilliant. Very clever stuff. Has me in stitches here - thanks for the laughs.

Tell the editor over @ The Daily Record your talents are wasted on those all expenses paid footy jaunts across Europe and that your true calling is in fact Holyrood.

:-)

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:19 AM

Was it Henry that 'cracked the case'? Just asking

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:38 AM

Rabbit274:

Rumour has it that he was involved in an advisory capacity. Henry would tell you how important his role was, but he's the humble sort.:)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:20 AM

ct690911:
    Henry would tell you how important his role was, but he's the humble sort.:)

Lol, when he's not displaying a marked propensity to bloviate ( his own horse).

Doc :)

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 10:56 AM

fatdan:

why9:

i will not so quietly take offense to your statement,  and add God bless America for only here can a bigoted sexist con man be elected  president by less then a majority of its citizens .

The Donald is most likely the most "antiwar" republican candidate ever! So stop with all the "nuclear disaster" scenarios!

Secondly for those making plans to evacuate to the Netherlands, I would reconsider....while their welfare system is considered to be the most generous money wise, overall it ranks 7th, far behind 1) Estonia, 2) France, 3) Germany, 4) Ireland, 5) Italy...

i don't think people are that worried about the nukes, his mood shifts so often that even the short time between the command and its execution is more than enough time for him to flip-flop. 

I'm still in denial that such an outcome was possible. Although, the following would be funny, if it wasn't sad. Mr. Trumputin was talking about how disrespected Obama was in other countries. But the fact is, that basically every foreign nation sees The Donald as a complete joke with zero credibility. The vast majority of people outside of the US thought, that 2004 was the ultimate joke and rock bottom, when it comes to common sense, but this year trumped it to oblivion.

The above may have something to do with the fact, that CNN is the most common choice of US based news programme throughout Europe. We might feel differently if we were watching Fox, I dunno...

Sad.

P.S.: Love your post, Ken (why9)

Edit: But of course, y'all are entitled to have a brainfart for president and an alleged whore for the 1st lady. Just a tidbit of trivia, but Melanija comes from my country. When she was starting as a model, she was jokingly referred to as M. Kavs (instead of Knavs), which is our slang word for f.ck. This was due to the loud rumours, that she was paying photographers for her portfolio pics with other means than money :-)

Of course, there's no actual proof of that, but zero actual proof didn't stop y'all from believing those pay to play allegations, so...

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:37 PM

"Of course, there's no actual proof of that, but zero actual proof didn't stop y'all from believing those pay to play allegations, so..."

True, but there are many suspicious coincidences. Large donations to their foundation, or for paid speeches to Bill...followed a short time later by a favorable ruling by the State Dept under HRC?

IMHO this is why she had the ad hoc server in her home. Every excuse she made to justify it was quickly debunked...so what's left?

There seems to be nobody in Politics or Journalism with clean hands. Everyone has an agenda. Clinton and Trump are no better or worse than any of the others.

ct

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:47 PM

ct690911:
    There seems to be nobody in Politics or Journalism with clean hands. Everyone has an agenda. Clinton and Trump are no better or worse than any of the others.

I can't believe that; if there are not better people in politics than those two, and especially him, then there really is no hope.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:33 PM

Rabbit274:

Henry would've been too busy selling meat and investing in mortar.

...just ruminating

*BURRRRP*

Pardon me.

RSS