Forums

Help › Forums

How average is a players average score

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:33 AM (22 replies)
  • Gry101
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:00 AM

Well, what does average do for you anyway? Other than showing your skill level. I was just being curious about how many of "only your best games" count, as stated by WGT.

Gry

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 4:24 AM

It might be 120-130 or something like that...my Ave has stopped going up

Cheers

Roger

• Gry101
    8 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 9:52 AM

I just went through the 135 posted games. Still changing up.

Gry

• enjaume
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:00 AM

As you know, there are 2 facts on wgt, meter jumping and multiplayer game quitting. WGT started to count just good results to avoid massive quitting of players worried about maintain average down, as well as let players refuse a game when meter jumping becomes a triplebogey.

• Gry101
    8 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:23 AM

Yes, I know that. However, each tier has a set number of games tat count into the average. I was looking for that number as it is different for every tier. Legend it is 400 games. I am up to about 350 games.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 1:12 PM

I suppose they set a limit even at Legend to keep open the possibility of putting another Tier in above Legend... Tour Legend?  They have the same conditions as Legends, except they have to dodge small weapons fire with live ammo while they play.

-whispered-  "Ooh, right in the head... I don't see how he'll avoid a delay penalty here.  He may need to withdraw."

"Yes, Chip... he's been laying motionless for some time.  He has about 15 seconds to get up and play his shot before he is disqualified.  Then I'm sure a doctor will check on him while the next group plays through.  How do you think this delay hurts his playing partners?"

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:40 PM

The trouble with the average system now, is that if you stay on here and play regularly, you will at sometime reach Legend status whether you are good enough or not. If it was a true average I wouldn't be up here.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:28 PM

piztaker:

The trouble with the average system now, is that if you stay on here and play regularly, you will at sometime reach Legend status whether you are good enough or not. If it was a true average I wouldn't be up here.

Good point.,...me/? weelll, mid 60's player...and I'm a Legend!

Do we bow before  ourselves;)? 

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:52 PM

piztaker:

That's it in a nutshell. I play a lot and have my moments but an average of 59.00 is laughable. It terrifies the life out of a lot of players who haven't played with me, then they wonder what all the fuss was about, lol....

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:56 PM

Exactly, perhaps they should bring in a super legend tier. How about something like, "GOLFING MEGA GOD!!!"

RSS