Forums

Help › Forums

which Country Club is best for Me?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:31 PM (22 replies)
  • IBHANGIN
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:32 AM

Only on my 3rd day level 30 Amateur.  No real good clubs in bag yet. 

Already have 7 + invites to join other  C. C. 's  I don't understand yet what this 

Is all about.  With a 74.6 avg.  And have yet to shoot an 80 on any of the courses

Opened to play under level 30 I can kinda understand  why I have so many invites. 

BANSHEEO9. I. Love this game just wish I could help the game designers fix a few

Glitches...  But then again I'm not a Software engineer  just a VISIONARY GREAT WORK

WGT.   ......STILL ROOM FOR SOME IMPROVEMENTS

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 7:38 AM

For a newer player such as yourself the best CC for you is one where you can feel free to go into the CC Forum and ask for advice and get it. 

One where you kind find members who have been in your shoes and learned how and what to do when. By how and what to do I am not only talking about things like club and shot selection for a particular shot but what clubs to buy as you progress,  when to buy them to maximize your potential while minimizing the cost to you.

One where a Legend or Tour Legend will gladly partner with you in an alt shot game with 2 other CC members so you feel part of the team.

Some of my measures of a good CC include:

1) What percentage of the members have played in the last few days?

2) How active is the CC Forum?

3) How many members play in the CC Tournaments?

4) Does the owner care and feed the CC?

Just some thoughts.

EE

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 8:05 AM

IBHANGIN:

Already have 7 + invites to join other  C. C. 's  I don't understand yet what this 

Is all about.  With a 74.6 avg.  And have yet to shoot an 80 on any of the courses

Opened to play under level 30 I can kinda understand  why I have so many invites. 

BANSHEEO9. I. Love this game just wish I could help the game designers fix a few

Glitches...  But then again I'm not a Software engineer  just a VISIONARY GREAT WORK

WGT.   ......STILL ROOM FOR SOME IMPROVEMENTS

I'm somewhat confused, so I'll just summarise your situation from what's on your profile.

You joined wgt in early January of this year (before the 11th) and are a L61 TP with a 90.36 ave.  You are a member of the CC you joined on the 14th of January.

The temptation to call you Mr Bymefingernails was too great, sorry :-)

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 8:19 AM

IBHANGIN:

Is all about.  

Quite a few good clubs on here. There is a separate forum for Country Clubs, called CC Corner I think or something like that. You should see it on the main forum page (4th link in that first "General" section).

My club, SEL, has a large presence there and is a great club but I won't plug them too much. It's really up to you. CCs are more for meeting other WGT players and playing with/against them. A couple of key questions I would ask are:

1. Do I care about the CC Clashes?  (note, please say no :))  Some of the CCs are heavily invested in these, so if you join one that is but you couldn't care less about it (or vice versa), probably not going to be a good fit
    2. How many members does the CC have, and how active are they? You probably don't want to join a dormant club with little to no activity, or where the members don't participate / play with each other.
    3. What types of competitions / tournaments does the CC run?  Some tournaments are pretty quiet in this respect. Some run what are called "red tee tourneys", so you'll see a lot of members with low 50s or even high 40s for averages. Others run a ton of competitions (i.e. SEL).
    4. Where are a lot of the members from, and when do they play?  Big factor in determining if you'll actually be able to play matches/games with them.

Edit:  Just saw what Dodgy posted...very suspicious indeed. I don't understand why "these people" come to the forums pretending to seek advice.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 9:11 AM

For a real newbie such as yourself it will be hard to pick the perfect fit CC at your first attempt. If I were you I would be looking for many of the things Easy Ed said but I would avoid a high level club that is overloaded with champions & tour legends, its good to play with people close to your own level, however a friendly high ranking mentor is a great asset.

An active club would be ideal but its hard to know if they are active before you join. On they other hand there is no cost to join a CC & there is no obligation to remain a member. You can leave a club any time you like and join any club that will have you. Happy Hunting.

Edit - I see that you are now a member of Universal CC, best of luck .

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 11:45 AM

So what should we call you OP, although I could think of a few things.

Reading your garbled post where, for some strange reason, you mention Banshee09 and then comparing the profile of both he/she and IBhanging, I'm inclined to think you are one and the same as you rather stupidly confused the two profiles. 

Not the rosiest apple in the barrel are you?

I don't know what you are up to or what you hope to achieve but like all deceitful people and liars, your sins shall find you out. 

I recommend you both stay at the Universal Club where it seems you are best suited. If I were a club owner I wouldn't touch you with a 10 ft bargepole. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 2:16 PM

Lol Phil is it really worth going old testament over? As you say hardly a master criminal, and not likely to be stealing anyones credits.

It was an easy mistake for him to make; hangingon played lots every day until the 22nd when he stopped, byhisfingernails joined and played lots from then until the post and he just forgot who he was posting from :-)

Seriously though he's restarting because he's shooting high 30's and 40's as a Tour Pro and probably getting frustrated.  Both "players" rent lots and he even enters RG's, so wgt and other players benifit.  It's the high level restarts that do the damage.

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 2:53 PM

^^^^^^^  Good catch Phil

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 2:58 PM

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 6:49 PM

EasyEdward:

For a newer player such as yourself the best CC for you is one where you can feel free to go into the CC Forum and ask for advice and get it. 

One where you kind find members who have been in your shoes and learned how and what to do when. By how and what to do I am not only talking about things like club and shot selection for a particular shot but what clubs to buy as you progress,  when to buy them to maximize your potential while minimizing the cost to you.

One where a Legend or Tour Legend will gladly partner with you in an alt shot game with 2 other CC members so you feel part of the team.

Some of my measures of a good CC include:

1) What percentage of the members have played in the last few days?

2) How active is the CC Forum?

3) How many members play in the CC Tournaments?

4) Does the owner care and feed the CC?

Just some thoughts.

EE

Well darn there was a wasted good advice.

To the rest of you good catch (and Banshee was booted from WGT to boot - or given the boot as they say).

RSS