Forums

Help › Forums

I say Initiate a Quitter Rule !!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:53 PM (39 replies)
  • Joemack03
    41 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 10:15 AM

I am a Tour Pro that happens to really enjoy meeting most people I play wih and against here on WGT. But there is a rash of HIGH level "quiters" that when losing decide to conveniently "disconnect" from the game. What's the point? I was playing against <edited by WGT>,,, who is a LEGEND yes that's correct a LEGEND I say,, and going into the last hole on St. Andrews we were tied. I hit a tee shot 6 feet from the pin for a sure fire eagle. After two shots <edited by WGT> was roughly 35 feet away for birdie. <edited by WGT> had not been putting so well on previous holes so it was obvious I was about to win the match. BUT conveniently he DISCONNECTED as he was standing over his putt. Of course he did not return upon restart. So I ask this question,,,,,should WGT institute a "QUITTER POLICY" in which if a person decides to quit in a match play , alternate shot game, or stroke game it is recorded against them. Then after recieving a certain amount of "quitter marks" that person is knocked bakc down on the experience level from say Tour Master to Master. Thoughts/comments?!?!?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 12:15 PM

Joemack03:
    Thoughts/comments?!?!?

Keep in mind that you ~asked~ for thoughts and comments... so, I will oblige.

One... you can't name people in the forums like this, (negatively) for any reason... and as a matter of fact, you can be banned for it.

Two... Quitting happens whether you like it or not.  Advice: GET OVER IT.  There are groups around that will not allow this behaviour.  Do your due diligence and find them. 

Three... One thing that is worse than someone who "Quits" is someone who takes to the forums to "Whine" about it.  Really, nobody cares.  If you were to take a moment and enter the word "Quit" in the search box over there ------->  you would find almost 4000 posts.

...  Those are my thoughts and comments.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Ps...

Joemack03:
    Then after recieving a certain amount of "quitter marks" that person is knocked bakc down on the experience level from say Tour Master to Master.
    ..would only encourage sand-baggers and cheats.

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 3:29 PM

Snaike:

Joemack03:
    Thoughts/comments?!?!?

Keep in mind that you ~asked~ for thoughts and comments... so, I will oblige.

One... you can't name people in the forums like this, (negatively) for any reason... and as a matter of fact, you can be banned for it.

Two... Quitting happens whether you like it or not.  Advice: GET OVER IT.  There are groups around that will not allow this behaviour.  Do your due diligence and find them. 

Three... One thing that is worse than someone who "Quits" is someone who takes to the forums to "Whine" about it.  Really, nobody cares.  If you were to take a moment and enter the word "Quit" in the search box over there ------->  you would find almost 4000 posts.

...  Those are my thoughts and comments.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Ps...

Joemack03:
    Then after recieving a certain amount of "quitter marks" that person is knocked bakc down on the experience level from say Tour Master to Master.
    ..would only encourage sand-baggers and cheats.

Soo, 4000 posts about quitting, and NO ONE cares about it eh? Your full of ***, everyone I meet on this game that does NOT quit, complains about the quitters. Whiners you say? I say your a pompous blow-hard.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 3:34 PM

HDBanger:
    Soo, 4000 posts about quitting, and NO ONE cares about it eh? Your full of ***, everyone I meet on this game that does NOT quit, complains about the quitters. Whiners you say? I say your a pompous blow-hard
    Thank you for making my point.

Here's your cheese.  Enjoy.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 3:51 PM

My college Snaike is known for his, how do you say, direct cometary.

Basically what he is saying is this.

Quitters are a part of this site, period.

There are ways around it. Play with your friends. Play the LADDERS. Join Golfseekers.

My point is.

Does it suck that there are people that have such low self esteem that they will quit a virtual game because they are losing?    Yes.

Are there things that you can do about it and claim personal responsibility for your time here?  Yes

Happy hitting

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 6:04 PM

Please do not use the forums to "name and shame". 

People sometimes lose their connections or have to leave their games for any number of legitimate reasons.  Consider the serious storms covering half of the USA this week....chances are that more than one WGT player lost power due to these.  In short, you cannot verify someone's reason for disconnecting.

Consider also that allowing people to post unverifiable accusations to the forums opens up the possibility of abuse.  I'm sure nobody here wants other players to be able to use this space to spread lies about them.

Please remain respectful of your fellow golfers.

Thank you

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 6:44 PM

Players quitting , big deal.

Play with people you no or your friend list & you dont haft to worry about people quitting on you..

• ajpatruzzi
    14 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 7:12 PM
    I agree 100% i'v used alot of equipment to these goofs,plus i have a family that i neglect for 2-3 hours
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 11:10 PM

ajpatruzzi:
    I agree 100% i'v used alot of equipment to these goofs,plus i have a family that i neglect for 2-3 hours

That's says much more about you than it does any 'quitting' issue.

Really.  Your computer has an "Off" button, your family doesn't.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 12:14 AM

Snaike:

ajpatruzzi:

That's says much more about you than it does any 'quitting' issue.

Really.  Your computer has an "Off" button, your family doesn't.

Is there any more room on that moral high ground?

RSS