Help › Forums

I say Initiate a Quitter Rule !!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:53 PM (39 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 8:39 AM

Steelers75:

Believe me you, it's simply refreshing for yet another self-righteous idiot to say they have nothing to say.  If that were even remotely true you wouldn't have even bothered to respond.  That in itself is grounds for besmirching.  Remove your head from your fourth point of contact.  When you hear the "pop" you've returned to reality.

LMAO, you are my new favorite poster...

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 9:01 AM

TYVM!  stay tuned... I'm sure there will be more to follow. LOL

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 11:26 AM

IvaThongon:
    Steelers75:
    Believe me you, it's simply refreshing for yet another self-righteous idiot to say they have nothing to say.  If that were even remotely true you wouldn't have even bothered to respond.  That in itself is grounds for besmirching.  Remove your head from your fourth point of contact.  When you hear the "pop" you've returned to reality.

LMAO, you are my new favorite poster...
    Oh Iva, now I'm sad I'm not your favorite poster....  Well I would be except that I'm laughing at Steeler's post.

Well said Steelers... well said indeed.    ٭5  for you! 

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 12:09 PM

LOL  Thanks Snaike!

• wineandcheese
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 6:25 PM

I feel sorry for someone so misguided and angry. Seek therapy my friend, you need it.

• wineandcheese
    16 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 6:34 PM

DOUBLE WOW - you have some serious issues that need to be addressed by some serious personal self help. I feel sorry that you are so angry.

" Being useless to you means about as much to me as a paraplegic dairy farmer."

I think you owe an apology after making this statement.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 12:59 AM

Here's a thought:

Has anyone considered that both camps may have a perfectly valid point of view and that the fact those points of view are different is not ground for hurling abuse at each other?  That is called intolerance.

Also, the fact that any attempt to initiate a reasoned discussion on quitters on the forum rapidly descends in to name calling and dung-flinging might just give WGT the perfect excuse not to do anything about it, rightly claiming that the issues are not reasoned or rational and so do not need addressing.

If you are happy to accept the current situation of uncontrolled, unmonitored and consequence-free quitting then that is fine.  However, if it is something that does frustrate you and you believe that there are things that could and perhaps should be about it then that is fine too.

My point if view is that WGT do have an obligation to look in to this.  The ability to play against other people is one of the selling point if their product and if there is an issue with it they should try to resolve it.  If you bought a car with air-con would you accept that it cut out half way through your trip on a regular basis or would you expect the manufacturer to improve it?

Yes, the solution has to be fair and allow for the fact that disconnects are not always the fault of the player.  However, in my opinion this only relates to power or internet issues or truly unforeseeable life issues i.e. not 'my boss came back' or 'my kids needed my attention'.  The stats for 'disconnects from a winning position in a Challenge match' would give an accurate representation of genuine disconnect rate.

I personally think 2 simple things could help.

Firstly, if you disconnect from a losing position then the result stands.  This would stop people quitting to protect their stats.  Yes, this may hit some genuine disconnects but I personnally think it is an acceptable impact.

Secondly, add a very simple % complete stat against peoples multi-player games. Very few if any will have 100% but it will let people see very clearly how likely a player is to complete an MP game when all possible disconnect reasons, legitimate or otherwise, are taken in to account.

Just my opinion, if you disagree then fine, if you wish to constructively criticise my comments then go ahead, but please try to remain tolerant of my opinion when doing so.  Maybe then WGT will pay more attention.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 1:28 AM

WGTadmin:
    Please remain respectful of your fellow golfers.

In my opinion, this includes not entering a multi-player game unless you are confident that you will have the time to complete the game without interruption and that you intend to complete the game no matter what the result looks like being.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 7:38 AM

wineandcheese:
    The WGT COULD absolutely come up wit a "no play" list. You place the quitter on your list and the player cannot join your game. Quite simple.

This has been posted countless times, and really is the only equitable solution to quitters.Many have been suggesting an individual 'block list' that would allow each player to control who he or she sees and doesn't see in the forums, as well as in the games. Perfect solution that allows each player to make this determination, and leaves no decision making in the hands of WGT. Also prevents an unfair punishment system from having to be utilized.

You can use the search box at the top right and search 'quitters'; but be prepared, you will need many days to get through them all. Every angle has been covered and discussed to death.

• PHFAM
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:53 PM

I too want to complain that happen to me to this so call tour master name poolman13 did the same thing got to the 7th hole on the island course and he just decide to quit because he didnt want an bogey but when i get one or two i hang in there to fix the problem but NO and then he has the nerve to tell people that i quit when you can look at my record i have not quitted in an game on here unless i get booed out that the only way i leave here because i too njoy this game 

RSS