Forums

Help › Forums

TIME TO SPEAK OUT AGAIN

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:45 AM (27 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:14 PM

Just because they are legends doesn't mean they are good.  And fwiw posting your high scores has absolutely no impact on your average as long as you didn't recently advance tiers, there is an initial fluctuation period that varies by tier.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:25 PM

Thank you Bollox, meant no harm and certainly would not make false accusations. Maybe the way I explain myself sounds like it sometimes. I don't want any of the top tier players on here to think that is what I mean. I have read so many posts regarding the C word that it has become a joke. For those that can and do, they know they are fake if it can even be done. No harm I hope, I will just move on now and play my miserable rounds as usual.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:46 PM

I'm not offended in the least when people accuse me specifically or the top players in general of cheating,  as I said earlier it's usually people that are new to the game or have hit a plateau and struggle to improve due do to lack of practice or just poor reflexes.  It's actually kind of flattering that some people think the scores I've posted aren't humanly possible without some form of assistance.  I wasted a lot of time grinding this game in 09 and 10 when I was working online from home and could play 6+ hours a day.  I know I am not as sharp now as this time last year working a normal 40 hour workweek for the last few months.

I used to be a 1 handicap at my peak as real life golfer so I apparently have decent hand eye coordination and the ability to make good decisions on course management.   Just like WGT that took multiple hours of practice per day to reach a highish level of play.

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:24 PM

renniw52:

Thank you Bollox, meant no harm and certainly would not make false accusations. Maybe the way I explain myself sounds like it sometimes. I don't want any of the top tier players on here to think that is what I mean. I have read so many posts regarding the C word that it has become a joke. For those that can and do, they know they are fake if it can even be done. No harm I hope, I will just move on now and play my miserable rounds as usual.

Listen guy,I totally understand your frustration level,im the same level as you.....look at my putting stats,they are a nightmare. They are keeping me from going low, BUT, its coming around, but ever so slowly......Ive flirted with sub 30 rounds only to have my putts fall inches short....try 3putting from 6 feet like I did yesterday, madness I tell ya lol lol.

Improvement here is like watching paint dry,I know I will get to the top tiers eventually, because I want to compete in the higher levels, but its going to take time and a lot of patience....

Dont look at it like you will just move on and play your miserable rounds, learn from every shot and putt, even if they totally suck....

Enjoy every great shot you make, I know I do, its what makes me come back for more...

I've always said, if you can birdie one hole, you can birdie them all...

That being said, hit me up for a game,we might stink up the course or kick serious ass, but either way, we'll have some laughs,and isnt that what its all about in the great scheme of things?......Good Luck

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:06 PM

Ren just sent me a message:

I just went ballistic in the forums, hope I don't get kicked off here.

My response is this Ren. You just got a lot of compassion,commiserating, and tough love.

You even got an invite from "The Doode" hisself maing !

Take him up on it..but for gawds sake don't whine !   lol

Age, reflexes,hours of practice, amount of Yuengling's  all play a factor.

As Bollie said, just because one is a Legend doesn't mean we're good....I am mediocre striving for decent. I got as much chance of hangin with the big dawgs as I do of gettin a real date with Lizzie.

This is a magical site and I have laughed so hard I have cried, burped, hiccuped and farted simultaneously, so much so that my wife and Rottweiler come in and check on me sometimes.  Then I get the rare round where I can really score...then I golfturbate and go cloaked and play solo and chase the elusive dream......until I realize I ain't getting there and then I go back and have just pure fun.!

SM

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:40 PM

I hear ya my friend, I will try to contact Bolloxin as soon as posssible, you know me I  don't  whine, I just get mad as all get off when it happens over and over. I am going to read the forums from now on and not post a thing. Not even when my new grandson is born tonight. I ain't saying nothing again.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:44 PM

renniw52:
    Not even when my new grandson is born tonight. I ain't saying nothing again.

Well...I want a personal update ...send me one with pics too !

We grampa's gotta stick together !

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:46 PM

I play with ren all the time as well, even with SM tho we had a WEEE bit of a disagreement from a vent of mine

Mr BB if you ever want to kick my ass give me a putting lesson, well it would be great. i think the only reason i (finally, right SM?) made master is because of the time i spent with Tarheel(stink)rules and Yankeejim. i got very good pointers from them and i think i have integrated into my game. i know my stats stink but they have room for improvement. i know that.

I would be more that gratefull for a putting lesson, i know my weaknesses and such, mostly as i play too fast. i was running a 9 to 12 handicap in Rl and when i played in real life i found slowing down meant an improvement of my scores. and of course the more you play the better you get. my back can only stand so much sitting, so i really cant play more that 36 holes a day, all in 9s.

send a note and id be grateful for putting lessons. 

ty

-G

sorry Tar, just had to get that inlol

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 11:13 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Just because they are legends doesn't mean they are good.

That's certainly true. If you can shoot -5 for 9 holes somewhere, sometime, every now and then, you can make Legend by sheer longevity.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 5:18 PM

renniw52:
    My point exactly, don't misunderstand my post please, I am saying that it does not work near the same each time,

That is by design renn,

The game has built in variables that are designed to change the outcome of the shots within a certain tolerance. As you play more, you will see how leveling up, practice, and better equipment help to minimize the 'wtf' moments. The deviation can also help to make a bad shot end up, well, not so bad. 

Take it for what it's worth, but don't expect it to change anytime soon. Patience, grasshopper.

RSS