never mind - forget about it .

Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:50 PM (61 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 1:42 PM

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 2:18 PM

She should be thankful she didn't have a dog with her.  In that situation, the brave and bold officers would have "feared for their lives" and unleashed a hail of bullets to neutralize the threat(s).

Chances are the officers involved will receive citations for "Bravery in the face of a terrist threat".  As opposed to being laughed off the force for being about as tough as the average soyboy...

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:05 PM

if she had taken the time to learn the language spoken where she moved to, this would not have happened.  Completely her fault.  What were the officers supposed to do?  Let someone wander around with a knife.  How did they know she wasnt crazed?  Would you rather have them throw her to the ground?  

Im tired of people who dont do what they should do and then get into trouble and then blame the cops. 

Being a cop is a very difficult job especially these days when they are targets for everyone.

My opinion, you dont have to agree or even like my point of view, but it is my opinion.

dacrash

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:34 PM

the 87 year old lady cutting dandelions must have been a huge threat to 4 burly officers to be tasered - im in shock she wasn't shot 16 times

im sure the person that called the cops on her feels great that another terrorist is off the streets

lets make America great again !

yes also btw almost all the 87 year old ethnics I know went back to school to learn the appropriate local language as well

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 5:19 PM

Our country does not require that you speak american to live here, unless you want to be a citizen.  It does make good sense that she would have under stood the basic commands the officers gave her.  For all that was said we do not know how long she has been here, or whether she is deaf, or disabled in some other manner that is not obviouse, because of her assumed old age.

I also think the un-necessary use of force in this situation, without it being a grave danger to anyone, (unknown), except the police, that it could and should have been handled in a better manner.

It is becoming more and more difficult to recognize your enemy,  But a very old woman without a command of our language and not understanding those commands being given.  A diffiferent approach was justified.  MY Nickle!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 5:22 PM

I could have disarmed her by myself ,  She was no threat to anyone .  For heavens sake , She was cutting dandelions just like my grandfather did when I was a kid ,  We ate them with our salad ,  I guess you better watch out when you do gardening ,  Warn your grandmother not to use garden sheers . She might get tazed and hand cuffed .  

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 6:20 PM

While I do not agree with the measures taken, in this day and age, try to put yourself in the officers shoes for a moment. Had this happened in Iraq, or another Islamic country, or even here for that matter, who's to say this woman was not a suicide bomber. To err on the side of caution these days is not always a bad thing.

Doc

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 7:35 PM

No body cam ??? Boolcrap just something to talk about.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 3:33 AM

At the precinct :  You fkn goons.  At the trial...We all feared for our lives... In the eyes of the public....See precinct. They are likely all on paid stress leave now after their brush with death.   Unbelievable, at best.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 4:39 AM

CEverett12:
    I could have disarmed her by myself ,  She was no threat to anyone .

Yeah..BUT............

I'd'a TaZored her myself..j

Just becuse she reminding us how we gonna look in 3 decades !!

Wrinkles don't lie..or is that Math ??

Can't remember.. ;)))

( this won't get through )

RSS