'be afraid, be very afraid'

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 9:43 AM

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:42 AM

Victoria Wood M...;-)

"Most interesting thing to be found in the woods ?

" I think another girl guide group, won that with a rare breed of Woodpecker"

"  I Know we came no-where with Barry and all the buttons missing off His raincoat "

;)))

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:58 AM

Hmmmm, just the word of the media, no video even though one is available....

If you look into it further, we have a woman who prefers to dress the way she was taught in her native land, and looks out of place in the "upscale neighborhood" she lives in Georgia...

the poor woman doesn't understand a single word of English even though she has lived here over a decade...she is walking this upscale neighborhood with a large "Kitchen Knife" cutting dandelions which her neighbors may be used to, but someone who wasn't aware of her habit was startled enough to call the police....

then unable to communicate with each other, the women walks toward the police, and the police can't do what they should do, they have to do what the powers that be have mandated for them in order to be politically correct....

Knowing a lot of people from that part of the country, and how kind the people are, I seriously doubt anyone wanted to taze this old woman for the he!! of it.....just like even being from the midwest where we eat a "LOT" home grown veggies, I have "never" heard of eating dandelions in a salad...my back yard is a gold mine in the spring!

But hey, you have to be politically correct in this world today even though your d@mned if you do, and d@mned if you don't!

What this is, is another failure of this new standard we are held to, which when it fails it isn't the fault of the idiots that impose all this nonsense upon us, it is our fault!

What a shame an incident like this is!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:15 PM

fatdan:
    , I have "never" heard of eating dandelions in a salad...my back yard is a gold mine in the spring!

I should have been more specific ,  Dandelion greens is what we had on salad , Not the flowers .

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:19 PM

mkg335:

Brilliant Mark :) I was trying to find this but ,as usual, you got in first.

So fitting, you really could not make it up :(

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:20 PM

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:45 PM

fatdan:
    I have "never" heard of eating dandelions in a salad...my back yard is a gold mine in the spring!
    Same here!

Further to use of the young leaves in salad, soup or pesto, you can make jelly from the yellow blossoms. /methinks that it was widely used here during the post-war shortages. Today, a German cooking site cites 236 recipies.

Dandelion is called "Löwenzahn" - lion's tooth - in German. Oddly enough, one of the recipies is named "lion's teeth" (Löwenzähne), but it's sweet dough with vanilla (without dandelions), baked in special cake pans, resembling french fries.

What a pity that I never received them as a child!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 1:05 PM

LMAO, I know, overcome by curiosity I searched Dandelion recipes and there was an endless number of them come up LOL

I am still shocked by the fact that my family were good 'ol country folk, and I never even heard of this in 6 decades...LOL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 1:52 PM
    Andy, Victoria Wood's a new one to me, appreciate the chance to discover "new" (to me) comedy and talent. Colin, happy belated 60th...I remember 60 like it was seven years ago. ;-)
RSS