Forums

Help › Forums

never mind - forget about it .

Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:50 PM (61 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 1:58 PM

fatdan:
    I searched Dandelion recipes and there was an endless number of them come up LOL

Sounds good on paper....makes ya p(ss proper ORANGE tho ;)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 2:29 PM
    in review of all i have read here on the forum concerning this matter i can sum it up in 4 words "lack of common sense". my nickle.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 2:29 PM

dacrash:
    Being a cop is a very difficult job especially these days when they are targets for everyone.

+1

Obviously I have not seen the footage of the incident, but as front line officers, they are faced with making split decisions in a matter of seconds. The tactical options they choose only come from their training and the ability to surmise a situation up in that short timeframe...certainly an unenviable situation for most of us,

So, she was elderly, a woman but does that make her less dangerous if she had an explosive device strapped to her? Maybe some racial profiling occurred, but a lack of compliance in the first instance was a major contributing factor. 

I was taught to comply with Police instructions, and regardless of language barriers, a uniformed officer is not to be messed with - and I have traveled to many parts of the world and if an officer says something, then you certainly do not ignore them.

Now, all this will come out in the ensuing investigation, but in times of heightened security threats, I applaud the work the Police and other agencies do in trying to keep us safe.

Maybe some villages would express their outrage......and say....tsk.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 9:59 PM

alanti:
    as front line officers, they are faced with making split decisions in a matter of seconds. The tactical options they choose only come from their training and the ability to surmise a situation up in that short timeframe...
    I suppose that they have been shouting at her, confusing  and scaring her into rigor.

Problem is IMHO that they are drilled to survive - always thinking "guns", "gang crime" or "terrorism". That is why that Australian lady was shot dead in the night, that is why another guy was tasored for not stretching his legs in an otherwise harmless situation. Elsewhere, a guy must be tasored multiple times when he's already lying helplessly on the ground. Others freak the sh*t out of the officers when running away, being killed from behind.

I blame it to the nature of this violent country - it gets the amount of violence that it deserves. Compassion with the victims but not with the system.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 11:45 PM

alosso:

alanti:
    as front line officers, they are faced with making split decisions in a matter of seconds. The tactical options they choose only come from their training and the ability to surmise a situation up in that short timeframe...
    I suppose that they have been shouting at her, confusing  and scaring her into rigor.

Problem is IMHO that they are drilled to survive - always thinking "guns", "gang crime" or "terrorism". That is why that Australian lady was shot dead in the night, that is why another guy was tasored for not stretching his legs in an otherwise harmless situation. Elsewhere, a guy must be tasored multiple times when he's already lying helplessly on the ground. Others freak the sh*t out of the officers when running away, being killed from behind.

I blame it to the nature of this violent country - it gets the amount of violence that it deserves. Compassion with the victims but not with the system.

Wow!

Such an outrageous anti American statement! Do you work for CNN?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 12:46 AM

alosso:

Sadly, that reaction coming from a German citizen reassures me we are doing something right!

If it is so bad here, why do you vacation here? LOL

alcaucin:

Sounds good on paper....makes ya p(ss proper ORANGE tho ;)

LMAO, on the bright side, so do good multi vitamins....

• ostfriedel
    2,052 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 2:58 AM

This is not a political forum. This is a golf side. And it should stay that way.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 7:31 AM

alcaucin:
    "Most interesting thing to be found in the woods ?

alcaucin:

"  I Know we came no-where with Barry and all the buttons missing off His raincoat "

;)))

The Flash .....

u might say ?

:D

EDIT1  ^^  just occurred to me this Arvo   <---- for u my Aussie buds ;))

EDIT2 I'm tryin Paul, I'm tyin real hard for a reason to defend your statements........

Ain't happening though :((

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 7:47 AM

fatdan:
    Sadly, that reaction coming from a German citizen reassures me we are doing something right!
    What exactly has my citizenship - which started well after 1945 - to do with that?

And what exactly do you think is "done rightly" by your country right now? Is it the exploitation of ... (nine issues of national and international relevance deleted before posting to avoid moderation)

fatdan:
    If it is so bad here, why do you vacation here? LOL

Present tense isn't appropriate, neither is your "humorous" outburst.

I did, reluctantly, before 2016, to join family, and I learned a lot about your present age and about history. Today, I wouldn't consider even though my hair is blonde. Mind you, Jeffrey Epstein, a white doctor, felt treated "like a black person" yesterday!

BTW: The number of the day is 2321 4,229, and counting.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2018 8:15 AM

We are indeed a violent people...having a fascist at the top just makes it that much worse.

RSS