Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 8:21 AM

Longwedge:
    am convinced that medium to small amounts of alcohol are key to putting. You have to "see" it, or at the very least, think you do.

There is a strategy I haven't tried yet!    :-)

• kayusses
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 3:11 PM

thank u for this tip, very helpfull

• JACK0999
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 1:07 AM

I find if you use push a bit on left breaking & pull on right breaks, helps. Add a little extra length to compensate.  

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:22 AM

Oakmount-----I apply the advice I get, but for some reason I just can't seem to read the greens and I can't seem to judge the speed even with the help I have received on this forum. I three putt there more than any other course!  I hate to admit defeat--but maybe there are some courses you just "can't get" so to speak. Enough to make a grown man want to cry!  :-(

• Conradb2
    364 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:25 AM

I must be missing something. As soon as I start to swing... my gridlines disappear.
    I tried to find out how to keep them there, but can't seem to find it.
    Any ideas?

• logancodling
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:05 PM

Nivlac you da man,you have helped not just me most likely everyone who has read and tryed your putting tips thank you very much mate.......AUSSIE GOLFER!!!!!!!!!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 1:02 PM

gsoup:

CMcCartney727:
    but no one misses more 6-10 foot putts than me, and I'm good for at least 1 or 2 violent lip-outs a round.

Ha wanna bet?

It's missing the 2'-4' ones that make me want to pull out my beard!!  :-(

• PresandCEO1980
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:17 PM

just shot 29 on St Andrews (front 9) ... on TOURNAMENT speed greens...

using a scale method

what is the lowest score on that course with tournament speed greens...low 20's? mid 20's?

:)

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 3:26 PM

Conradb2:

I must be missing something. As soon as I start to swing... my gridlines disappear.
    I tried to find out how to keep them there, but can't seem to find it.
    Any ideas?

In your game window. click menu and then click game settings. you'll see some check boxes, about 4th from the bottom is one that says  putting grid. Check the yes box. click the save button at the bottom. and the putting grid will remain on when you swing.

• Conradb2
    364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:35 AM

Thanks Misstrey... that did it.  Much appreciated. 

RSS