Forums

Help › Forums

Big Brother

Thu, Oct 6 2011 3:59 AM (164 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 11:27 AM

in this country freedom of speech is not ALL incompassing, you must not infringe on anothers rights and privleges, nor are you permitted to incite.  outside of those limits, yes you should be able to say what you want.  however this is not an open venue, it is privetly owned and managed, and they can and do set thier own limits.  any person who has done something that this owner/manager sees as unfit for this venue and banned is ligitament in thier view and should be respected as such.  if you think they are to strict thats your choice and speak out you did.  parole is not a good thing if the person can not, will not, or does not posess the ability to change thier ways. that person can not be permitted allowances.  they will do the same thing, why bother?  owner / management has better things to do.  my nickel.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 11:47 AM

hmm, free speech, stimulating forums, yes. taking away the abilities and resposibilities of controlling a privetly owned and managed forum, NO. it is not yours to play with, it belongs to "THEM", get it? until "THEY" decide otherwise you have to abide by what they require. you are here or not, at thier pleasure. they own it, they run it. you want a louder voice hittem where they can be injured or feel pain the most, membership, and sales, otherwise, as proven time and again, you are an ant trying to move a rubber tree plant. my nickel.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 1:18 PM

bump again.and again and again until something is done, and it is not just Mio, you all know that

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 1:50 PM

Under our Constitution we have the right to free speech in public, here in this forum we have a "privilege" to speak under the terms and conditions of WGT! However in this case, Mio has been punished more than enough. Have a heart! 

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 2:11 PM

I do not unagree.  What I do find offensive is arbitrary dismissal, witholding the voice of injured parties, the unnecessary use of cyber force and the sinister disappearances- BUT only in the light of greater wrongs which continue to go unpunished, if even investigated.

Tell me, which has more harm potential to the community at large, a person or persons who choose to be abrasive by their choice of words in a forum where no further damage can be wrought, or the person who deliberately and intentionally sets out to defraud ALL members by theft and duplicity?

Now I know that I am not yet privvy to all the facts, and I know of some of the problems associated with apprehending fraudulent perpetrators, but what I do not know, and have the greatest of difficulty working out, is just why people who voice opinions that everyone else is too careful or frightened to espouse are held from view and judged to be too great a danger to someone, or other..

Lizzie xx

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 5:48 PM

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 7:38 PM

This bus was spotted in London today.........

(click picture to enlarge)

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 7:57 PM

Was he lying?, committing a slander? inciting a riot? if not set Mio free., In my humble opinion I think  WGT can hold up under the weight of considerable criticism. We all want the best site WGT can create so we have to complain about everything we can find wrong to make the site better.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:13 PM

Release Mio!! Set him Free!!  WOO HOO

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 9:17 PM

Democracy or Autocracy?

Liberate Mio...set him free.

Serial killers get treated better. :)

TBE

RSS